💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What are the concepts of ARTPOP? Where is the soul?

Yoshi

Featured Posts

That J

For me, ARTPOP is more a title of her entire career than one particular album. I think she could call any album ARTPOP because ARTPOP is what she does. I do believe the title has confused some, critics, fans, etc and maybe calling it Venus or whatever wouldn't have hurt. But it's a great pop album and stands on it's own. When introducing the album to others, I always say "There's really not much of a flow here so don't look into it TOO hard". But I've found a bit of a flow to it over time. Overall, ARTPOP is what she does and this is another great pop album.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah where is the soul tbh? It's a really good pop album, and I love it, but I kept wondering why I don't get the same feeling as when I listen to BTW the album. It's the soul. BTW is brimming with it. It's epic, dirty, human, alien, rebellious, and heartfelt. ARTPOP is fun, but a little shallow. And whatever concept she had for it seems to have gotten lost. I don't think she should have announced the album name so soon. I'm sure if she would have waited she could have moved in a different direction. One that might have made more sense for the final product. Oh well, still a great album that a lot of non-fans appreciate. They like the songs since they're more just about fun. So it's kind of a shame that it gets bogged down by her trying to sell it as more "artistic." Should have been called FUNPOP or something lol. SEXPOP. ooo I like SEXPOP.

The idea is that the music is just one part of the whole experience. So the music doesn't have to explain the whole concept.

Freddy Krueger

I get a little confused, because sometimes Gaga said that it was ART + POP, other times she says it's about how ART and POP belong together, and others it's about ART being in front of POP. So it is a bit confusing as to whether ART and POP are equal or if ART is the bigger factor. For me, I look at ARTPOP, as POP music being showcased through performance ART and ART pieces. 

Posts like

I highly suggest people visit Gaga Stigmata.com

It takes an a--lytical and academia approach to everything Gaga does and really a--lyzes her artistry.

Thanks for posting that!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived