💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Grammy 2012 Submissions

hausofkc

Featured Posts

Interscope must know what they are doing. Remember for song of the year they are focusing solely on the lyrics, or songwriting. And Judas has some deep lyrics if you ask me. Song of the year only gives credit to the song writers. And record of the year is the song as a whole which includes vocals, track, writing, etc. This gives credit to the singer. I personally think Judas and You and I do have some of the best lyrics. The edge of glory, although a beautiful track, has very simple lyrics. I believe that this may not impress the Grammy panel too much. I was really shocked why Born This Way was not submitted for record or song of the year, that song was amazing! But remember this guys, the Grammys do have a tendency to award not so popular songs as song and record of the year, so you never know. Heck if Cee Lo Green's Forget You can be nominated as song of the year, then I'm sorry Judas should too. Or at least You and I =P

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monsterdevotion

• Americano

• Cherry

• hausofkc

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been posted twice, and it's in the wrong section.

edit: they merged it with KC's thread :redface:

Edited by BabyDoll

monsterdevotion

• Album of the Year - Born This Way
  • Album of the Year - Duets II
  • Record of the Year - “Judasâ€
  • Record of the Year - “You and Iâ€
  • Record of the Year - “The Lady Is a Trampâ€
  • Song of the Year - “Judasâ€
  • Song of the Year - “You and Iâ€
  • Best Pop Solo - “Judasâ€
  • Best Pop Solo - “You and Iâ€
  • Best Pop Album - Born This Way
  • Best Short Form Music Video - “Born This Wayâ€
  • Best Short Form Music Video - “You and Iâ€

So are these the real submitions made for the 2012 Grammys? WTF where is BTW & TEOG!

No offense to Judas fans, but I really think EOG should be in most of Judas' spots.

Though I'm pleasantly surprised at the Ü&I+BTW short form noms :party:

Edited by Miel
3 points in and ready for more

monsterdevotion

lol this is where my thread went still cant get over the fact that BTW isn't submitted at all are these confirmed in some way?

So is there a deadline for submissions.

Or rather, When is the deadline?

Because if it's not for another month or something, MTN could have been nominated.

toanythingtaboo

Oyyyy.

I do kind of see method in their madness, but banking on Y&I as appealing to a broader voting demographic when clearly Adele has that angle wrapped up is beyond a gamble. Her main selling point were the pop hits in BTW and TEOG, both of which were very popular this year, so completely ignoring them was unwise.

I'm annoyed with them for not submitting for the dance categories too, but I suppose whilst it puts her eggs in one basket...it does mean that they can't dismiss her out of Pop Vocal/AOTY as easily. As opposed to Beyonce etc. who will be nominated for as many as possible, so there may be a bit of "well, we'll give Adele AOTY, Beyonce R&B, Kanye Hip Hop, and Gaga Pop Vocal." to spread it around.