💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

General Charts Discussion - Taylor's 1989 is swiftly coming for 5M+

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant believe no only has one vote AjrNdtq.png i thought there were a lot of taylor haters AjrNdtq.png Maybe they converted AjrNdtq.png I know I did AjrNdtq.png

Dangerous Man

I agree.

You guys are wrong, it is actually All You Had To Do is Stay. Clean can push it to 7M. :legend:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Do you think 1989 will ever reach Frozen's sales?

It'll easily outsell it in the US at this rate. WW? I think so too. It's her first official pop album and the further release of hit singles would strengthen the album to have legs and attain longevity comparable to Frozen next year. 4M+ WW by the end of 2014, 5M+ WW by February next year, and 6M+ by the end of 2015 - I find all of these extremely feasible.

I'm more intrigued with its official numbers though. Frozen is on track to have official (i.e. from the label/IFPI) WW reported sales as high as 7 million by the end of this year. Taylor Swift has only one album with WW reported sales of more than 7M, and that's Fearless, her 2008 breakout release (9M WW sales). But given her current IFPI streak (Speak Now moved 4.3M in 2010; Red moved 5.1M in 2012), I'm expecting IFPI / Vivendi to report around 5.5M-6M WW sales for 1989 by the end of this year. If that'd indeed happen, it should have no problem passing Frozen's WW sales by 2015 then since it has the full support of radio and a world tour to help her secure at least another two million units WW next year. 

UPDATE: Official WW reported sales for 1989 have now reached 4 million, her 5th consecutive studio album to do so - http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/130682-list-of-albums-w-the-biggest-reported-ww-sales-in-the-digital-era/?p=6026817

Bad Monster Kid

Why is style at #21??

Probably performed at the Victoria Secret fashion show which was televised last night.

Supersonic

If they keep the flawless promo going and release Style, Out of the Woods/How You Get The Girl, Wonderland/New Romantics for singles #3, #4 and #5 then yeah, possibly. However, I don't expect her to have a strong Prism like backlash because she already had a huge one with Red. And even if she did have one, she recovered flawlessly so :ohwell:

Not even going to bother with the Taylor local argument but did you just call Beyonce local??? :dies:

True tho. But isn't Beyoncé just like Big in the US & UK rn? The last time Beyoncé had a hit in Continental Europe was Telephone with Gaga. Taylor has been slaying worldwide with that album :legend:

EarnYourLeather

1. Shake It Off

2. Blank Space

3. Style

4. All You Had To Do Is Stay

5. How to Get the Girl

6. Clean (MAYBE)

True tho. But isn't Beyoncé just like Big in the US & UK rn? The last time Beyoncé had a hit in Continental Europe was Telephone with Gaga. Taylor has been slaying worldwide with that album :legend:

I have no idea, but even if Beyonce isn't slaying the whole world right now, she is a worldwide mega super hyper star. The guy that called her local was deluded.

Yes Taylor has been slaying worldwide :legend: but it's the first time she truly does so. Let's hope it's the first of many :whitney: 

who will love me when the night is over

the new chart  is such a mess tbh... My Everything really went platinum? I hope Ariana didnt tweet about it  :hor:  It means nothing but that people are willing to listen to songs but not enough to buy the album. 

Mess  :rip:

ON topic: Nice numbers, C2C is like a graceful bird, slowly but surely flying on its sales..

Drink that nectar, lil' hummingbird C2C. 

giphy.gif

the new chart  is such a mess tbh... My Everything really went platinum? I hope Ariana didnt tweet about it  :hor:  It means nothing but that people are willing to listen to songs but not enough to buy the album. 

Mess  :rip:

ON topic: Nice numbers, C2C is like a graceful bird, slowly but surely flying on its sales..

Drink that nectar, lil' hummingbird C2C. 

giphy.gif

THAT didn't make it go platinum. her label shifted a million copies to retailes. more than half of them remain unsold at shelves.

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

THAT didn't make it go platinum. her label shifted a million copies to retailes. more than half of them remain unsold at shelves.

:rip:

Pure Adrenaline

I believe tht Taylor could slay more than u all think

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

• Mills locked and unpinned this topic

Archived