General Charts Discussion - Taylor's 1989 is swiftly coming for 5M+

Mills

Featured Posts

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItsTommyBitch

Slay Lips and love me harder :legend:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Rat Boy

I'm so happy Uptown Funk is a top 10 hit! Bruno/Ronson hardly did any promo and last week it was #65 or something. I hope it keeps rising!!

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

PicklePower

But if you say Ariana moved 72k albums it means she didn't sell any singles. But the Hot 100 remains intact so singles sales count twice, for its own chart position and its album's. Really messed up, hoping they go back to the original formula

It doesn't make sense to just count sales now, though, as streaming is becoming more prominent. I don't understand why TEA's and SEA's are a thing, though. I think the 50% of the album should have to be streamed for it to be counted.

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

If the Ariana one wasn't true. Then I think RIAA still only counts sales for Albums right

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

BILLBOARD CAN'T CERTIFY ALBUMS. this is being blown out of proportion. Below is Billboards description of Taylor Swifts album sales, note the language they use when talking about streaming.

Swift's return to No. 1 is powered by 339,000 total album equivalent units in the week ending Nov. 30. Of that sum, the majority is pure album sales (281,000).

Edit: apparently RIAA is going along with this

luckythisway

I think you missunderstood me, I meant 1 or 2 more weeks at top 2, not 2 only :giveup:

Oh oops how floppy of me 😭😭😭

CHROMATICA

luckythisway

All things go is such a mess.... The chorus reminds me of right thru me but the rest is such a mess :giveup:

it reminds me of moment for life which I loved. I really like ATG the instrumental is so perfect

CHROMATICA

FGGrayson

Not fair, the new rules sucks

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

• Mills locked and unpinned this topic

Archived