💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

56th Annual GRAMMY Awards (Daft Punk, Lorde among big winners)

GagaSlayedYou

Featured Posts

popcast-mack-blog480.jpg

The biggest show-stopper of the night will be a much more solemn event: an on-air wedding of 34 couples  gay, straight, old, young, of many races and many colors. The ceremony will be part of the hip-hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’s performance of their Grammy-nominated song “Same Love,†which became a marriage-equality anthem last year just as that issue was drawing intense national attention.

Mr. Lewis, the group’s producer, said that the weddings “will be in our minds the ultimate statement of equality, that all the couples are entitled to the same exact thing.â€

The segment follows what the Grammy organizers said was the show’s long history of addressing timely social issues through music, like Elton John’s duet in 2001 with Eminem, who was then widely criticized as homophobic.

“We’re serious about this,†said Ken Ehrlich, the longtime producer of the Grammys.

Queen Latifah will officiate at the nuptials, and Madonna will join the number with Macklemore, Mr. Lewis and the song’s featured vocalist, Mary Lambert.

When deciding where to have the couples stand, Mr. Ehrlich thought that having them onstage “could be viewed as more exploitive,†so they were placed in aisles in front of the stage, where they would be close to the audience.  

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/grammys-wedding-macklemore-ryan-lewis-queen-latifah/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&_php=true&_type=blogs&hp&_r=2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hellspont

• Bad

• Disregard

• Nullvoid

I thought jayz was performing with Beyonce? :confused:

he is, they only said jt turned it down.

jay z was supposed to be a 'suprise' with beyonce

artpopmess

I actually thought that 20/20 experience when it got released would slay the grammys but guess not lol

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

aquaprincess

he is, they only said jt turned it down.

jay z was supposed to be a 'suprise' with beyonce

Oh ok. I thought it said both turned it down. :toofunny:

RAMROD

Have better things to do, I guess.

Like… , fuming. So productive tbh. :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

aaronyoji

ohhh so theyll be live couples actually getting married? for some reason i thought it would be showing gay couples getting married on a big screen behind them or sth....

Now here's a man want to keep his dignity :applause: I really respect that

Edited by Fisherman

• Mills locked this topic