• Pills n Potions
    • Anaconda
    • Bed Of Lies
    • Only

Featured Posts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol gurl bye, you know it's not about that.

EDIT: Nobody's saying that it's ok for Gaga to do the same thing but not for Nicki. We all know that Gaga comes up with deep meanings to excuse some of her ideas, and we are all accepting that. No need to bring it up to defend Nicki.

Her ideas don't need to be excused.

ThisGuyTony

Regardless of her intentions with the song, she was at least smart enough to create hype for the video and get another Top 5 hit. :Madge: :Madge: :Madge: :Madge:

Baby Got Back is a man talking about his conquests with women who have thick asses - he's essentially objectifying women. Nicki sampled it in Anaconda to subvert the message and objectify men the way every man in hip hop seems to do to women (yet nobody's talking about that??)  

Feminism is about women being able to express their s-xuality the way men are allowed to, so your point is invalid.

They BOTH are songs by blacks glorifying the large butts of African American woman.

BGB has lines like "Cosmo says you're fat, I ain't down with that" He's liberating black woman from white fashion industry beauty standards. It was a fresh theme back in the early 90's (especially with Kate Moss and heroin chic being popular then).

Now it's kind of overdone, and Nicki just seems to be bragging about her voluptuous booty. Which is fine, though maybe not appealing to woman with smaller butts. 

No, I can't think of any pop hits where a guy simply brags about his penis size. Too many people would laugh.

PS: Here's Sir Mix a Lot's video. Notice the airhead white girls putting down the black girl at the start. It's saying black is beautiful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JphDdGV2TU

I don;t see Nicki adding a great deal really - the best part of her song is what she samples from Sir Mix. 

I don't buy it  :usrs:

I think it was about putting her back in the spotlight, sounding catchy and making hype- AND it succeeded in all of them, no need to twist it into something deeper  :duck:

codymonster

Yes women, free yourselfs! Get your ass done to make it 3x it's original size and then boast about it at all times. If you don't have curves, use silicon! Shame those who are naturally skinny. If you don't have a butt, get out of the club!!!

How inspiring :rip:

Sugarfall

I'm very torn on this :deadbanana: 

Some people explain this better than Nicki,and I believe her. But then again I feel like it is just a way to get publicity.

I think about this just like I think about Gaga's gimmicks, they may have a good reason behind, cool, but it is still a stunt. 

• Haroon locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived