💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Interesting Fake Rumor: Gaga To Change Stage Name Back To “Stefani"

Lum

Featured Posts

In a surprising move and under a new partnership with Live Nations, Lady Gaga will no longer be Lady Gaga. After her “ArtRave: the ARTPOP Ball†Tour comes to a close in 2014, the pop empress will relieve the name “Lady Gaga†as part of her history. “Gaga will always be a part of me†she said Monday night, “It’s now time to show the girl I’ve always wanted to show.â€

Lady Gaga became a household name in 2008 when her throwback style disco hit “Just Dance†climbed it’s way up the charts to monster success. After dubbing her fanbase ‘little monsters’ and a hype not seen since pop acts like Britney Spears and Madonna, Gaga decided to make the bold move as her contract with Interscope is nearly up.

"I just felt like….I’ve really gotten myself to this place where I want to be free and honest. Stefani Germanotta is my real name, and I feel like I owe it to my fans to really show what I’m about."

The statement she made with Interscope also revealed that she is already working on post-ARTPOP concepts for a more “personal record.â€

"I just really want people to get to know me now. And it doesn’t change anything. It feels more like I’m just coming out of the closet….it’s scary….but….eh…it feels like the best thing to do at this point."

Lady Gaga’s (er….should we say Stefani’s?) big name change reminds us of when David Bowie abruptly rid of his Ziggy Stardust character he led on for two album cycles in the late 1970s. At the end of the show, he revealed quite shockingly that it would be Ziggy’s “last show everâ€â€¦and it was. Gaga ranks as one of the highest female performers of the times, and although her new ARTPOP album debuted at number one, we must ask: is it because the general public is becoming bored with “Gaga?â€

"It honestly would be a smart move" said Jeff Argo of the L.A. Times, "a quite brilliant one in terms of marketing. The hype around Gaga started with stories of catchy tunes and fashion forwardness….now all the stories about Gaga seem to correspond with the word "over".

But is she over? It doesn’t seem likely, but the pop star can’t be going anywhere. For now we get to know Gaga….with an expiration date. But we think ‘Stefani’ is in it for the long haul.

tumblr_inline_myak7qfFiQ1r1571k.jpg

Source:http://eniqmapopstar.tumblr.com/post/70976699193/lady-gaga-to-change-stage-name-back-to-stefani

Obviously fake, but interesting to say the least.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh it'll be funny if it happens. My friends won't be able to make a joke out of her name then.

Although, I'd like just 'Gaga' too. :shrug:

Dean Winchester

".....to complete my transformation from within....Through all the pain I made it back to blonde"

:udidnt:

:toofunny: but stefani is brunette not blond  :awkney:

Prometheus

Plus, it would have made more sense for her to be Stefani with her natural hair. Now that she is blonde again it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Dean Winchester

If she named an acoustic album Stefani I would be here for that. Complete with reworkings of her old stuff :flutter:

omg i'd love that tbh but i want her stage name to remain "LADY GAGA" its just too iconic...imagine if there's a song called "Stefani" on it  :excited2:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived