Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Sharon Osbourne spills truth tea on the Lady Gaga situation! (Video)

Smooth Criminal

Featured Posts

giskardsb

Sharon is part of the problem though, of course she's going to defend the critics.  They are both right… Gaga needs to let criticism just go and ignore it ( which she mostly does), but Gaga is also right in that critics and bloggers poison the well that artists play in and often their only motivation is to talk **** about people.  That is not something that should be ignored and Gaga is right to speak out about it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as much as I dislike this woman and her daughter I agree with her
the problem with gaga is that she just can't ignore haters, and she makes the situation even messier
sometimes I want gaga to drop the "mother teresa act" and just make music and art

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Agreed completely. Gaga cannot take any sort of criticism whatsoever. I've noticed this for a long time. Before it used to be more subtle but lately she has gone out of her way to call out critics and start pointless online kindness crusades. She just needs to ignore haters and just do her thing instead of trying to please everyone. The internet is NEVER going to be this utopia where everyone is kind to each other. People are always going to have negative opinions, especially with someone as polarizing as Gaga is.

I would loooove to see how some of you wagging your fingers at Gaga's sensitivity, "meltdowns" and her "inability to take any criticism at all" act when forced to swap places with her for one day (biggest star in the world in the Information/Internet age where media is thus all-pervasive). And very likely be traumatized for life as a result of it.

All those folks who think they're managers and record execs and those who feel it's appropriate to start psychoa--lyzing Gaga's personality or even mental state should just leave once and for all. This thread is the epitome of what GGD has become. Now everyone's agreeing with Sharon Osbourne because she sides with their own simplistic "just suck it up" attitude re: criticism (read: terrorizing), Sharon being a person who has never had to deal with anywhere near the kind of 24/7 pressure that a person like Gaga is put under and who still acts like she wasn't the instigator of a one-sided feud Gaga was sweet enough to apologize for even though it should've been the other way around.

Gaga "sucked it up" and held her mouth shut about the US media's horrible treatment of her after BTW for going on three years now. How is that not registering with some?

Sharon is part of the problem though, of course she's going to defend the critics.  They are both right… Gaga needs to let criticism just go and ignore it ( which she mostly does), but Gaga is also right in that critics and bloggers poison the well that artists play in and often their only motivation is to talk **** about people.  That is not something that should be ignored and Gaga is right to speak out about it.

Yes!

Um, Gaga ignores the MAJORITY of all of the criticism she gets. Some of you just completely choosing ignore the full picture lol. What happened with the Osbourne is just something that got out of hand (because of Gaga's fans) and she needed to address it publicly. She probably didn't think these two b---hes would go on a media publicity tirade because of it.

And the special attention to the haters right now is because of the DWUW era. You're an imbecile if you think she's just losing it or something. She's clearly in control of what she expresses to the world.

Apologized for what? Gaga didn't do anything. The whole thing was blown out of proportion, it was just a couple people on twitter than may not have even been fans. The Osbournes just used it for publicity.

if Gaga did apologize, she shouldn't have. It just let Sharon Osbourne go on her show and act like she beat Lady Gaga and get a big round of applause.

Sharon's voice is so annoying! Gaga didn't even need to apologize, it wasn't even her fault.

FreePalestine

Altough I agree, I dont get what did it have to do with the problems they had? wasnt it because of Gaga critiizing Kelly's bullying show? It wasnt just for the thing they said about her, but for the image the put and enforce in society

again, I agree with what she said, I just dont think it fitted their situation, its like Sharon is trying to make look Gaga as someone who complained about Kellys criticism towards her

freebit

I'm not surprised Sharon is still under the delusion that she did nothing wrong, but it is in the past now, so oh well. That said, she has a point here.

As for Gaga, it's natural for her to want to defend herself but a little mystique never hurt anyone. Beyonce also gets random hate, but she never really addresses it. OTOH, Justin Timberlake addresses his critics and haters in interviews and it always comes off as whiny/entitled, so it doesn't help him at all IMO. When you keep addressing the hate it just draws more attention to it.

Agreed completely. Gaga cannot take any sort of criticism whatsoever. I've noticed this for a long time. Before it used to be more subtle but lately she has gone out of her way to call out critics and start pointless online kindness crusades. She just needs to ignore haters and just do her thing instead of trying to please everyone. The internet is NEVER going to be this utopia where everyone is kind to each other. People are always going to have negative opinions, especially with someone as polarizing as Gaga is.

To me its not that she's fragile and can't handle criticism, she just wants people to question why our culture has gotten so negative and critical and whether that's really the way it has to be. Not for herself, but for us and our culture.

lastlinefirst

I hate this though, bc it's like, "Oh well, just deal with it" instead of saying you know what, maybe we should do something about all the negativity and the hate bc it isn't alright and it's not helpful at all. Nothing will ever change if people keep that same "just deal with it" attitude.

HausOfMark

Sharon Osbourne spilled all the tea here.

Guess she really accepted that apology. Nice to see Gagz playing the bigger person here.

-Mark

giskardsb

the problem I have with the whole thing is that Sharon doesn't seem to be taking any responsibility for her part of the debacle.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived