💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga’s ex-manager wanted more pop, less art

miss anthropy

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Why are people hating on the idea of an EP when TFM was more than enough :wtf: Quality over Quantity any day.

Exactly. Quality over Quantity. ARTPOP could've worked well as a double EP, one released right now with 10 or 12 tracks, then another one at the end of 2014, and no, Justin Timberlake is not the only one who has done this in the past. Some songs could've been scrapped from the ARTPOP that we got to make it a solid concept without filler tracks (up to anyone's opinion whether they are filler tracks or not).

And let's not forget that The Fame Monster was (I think) the first EP to ever get nominated at the Grammys for Album of The Year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuntyBooBoo

IMO, ARTPOP should have been an EP, with the obvious hits, until she worked out whatever the next album would be. I think it would have also helped salvage the tour, just added a few of these into the set list at a time.

Princess Die

Troy can go to hell for all I care. The album's great and he will deal. :Coffee:

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

MonsterofFame

Perhaps the "inside source" on this article is talking about the old ARTPOP. We all know it changed a good amount from the original plan. Many of the "dark" songs - TEA, Ratchet, Princess DIE, White Rose Thorns - disappeared. The ARTPOP we have now is probably the compromise.

Actually, this is all making sense now. Gaga has mentioned an Act 2, which is likely to be an EP release. That's probably where these ARTPOP songs will be released.

Gaga should just release swine as a single, I don't care about anything else! I have played the entire album to the vast majority of my friends and they ALL said swine was the highlight for them, it fits with the current radio feel and although that would mean gaga was releasing (in theory) a more mainstream song, it's a killer track and it tears up the dance floor at any disco Iv forced it to be played at :laughga: it's pop in a new direction and therefor art, to me anyway

Gaga Medicine

ARTPOP as an EP to complement an album with radio friendly hits? Hmm... really interesting article.

Now she is going to do the opposite...An EP with radio friendly hits to complement ARTPOP.I think...

Now she is going to do the opposite...An EP with radio friendly hits to complement ARTPOP.I think...
lol, yeah, exactly!

• 2 weeks later...
latinteddybear

over all who cares because its the artist's vision at the end of the day that is surfaced. they handled everything professional and wise and it just went public. moving on :hug:

qmpierre000

I hope you guys know how powerful is Troy Carter in the industry... if he's pissed at you, you should be worried about it

he really isn't that powerful. If he really was Lindsey Sterling would have had a billboard number 1 by now.

Little7Monster

I'm sure Interscope wanted a commercial album to sell because they want their money. It's still a business whether Gaga is the artist or not. Born This Way tested people, and drove some people away because of its political subject matter, so I'm sure her manager wanted her to simply make a fun pop album to gain back some of the lost numbers. 

I love Gaga to death, but if she drives people away because she does what she wants to do, she's going to have to find a new record label; and they may not be a generous as her current one. 

TimisaMonster

So...obviously ARTPOP was not appealing to him AT ALL...he wanted POPART which was already done...:awkney: Gaga should just manage herself tbh...:tea:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Pop = art. I hate that she and some of the fanbase are seperating them as if they are/have to be different things

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived