đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GAGA predicted to sell 50-55K in 2nd Week with ARTPOP (USA)

Fizzy

Featured Posts

Honestly, it's not because she is uninteresting anymore. The problem that I can see here is the lack of impact that Applause made. Also, I don't think this art art thing is interesting for an ordinary person. The GP is here for the music, not for the artistic imageries that she kept on pushing this era. I reckon the GP misses the fun Gaga they used to like back in the days, not this preachy and too artsy woman.

I get what you're saying, but how is this album not fun? It's really fun and not mature or preachy at all. 

She may be all artistic in some interviews, but most of her bigger public appearances were really cutesy and bubbly. I mean, c'mon, SNL, the VMA's performance... She's being trying to be approachable again.

As it's clearly not working, I say FU** IT! GO BACK TO BEING THE WEIRDEST AND MARVELLOUS CREATURE YOU ARE, GAGS  :party:

Forget about commercial success and bring on the weird, larger-than-life style we know and love you for.  :rockstar:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If act 1 flops this hard, there's no point in releasing act 2. I can't imagine Interscope doing that.

Right. She should really scrape the concept and move on... TO WHEREVER DIRECTION SHE WANTS. It's been painful to see this amazingly talented and creative being diminishing herself to regain the GP. Specially since it's not working. 

Right. She should really scrape the concept and move on... TO WHEREVER DIRECTION SHE WANTS. It's been painful to see this amazingly talented and creative being diminishing herself to regain the GP. Specially since it's not working. 

Exactly, this diminishing herself is actually not going to help her regain the GP, when anything she is making herself look like every other boring pop girl.. She needs to evolve and show her ability as a singer to blow everyone away. The amount of people who STILL don't know that Lady Gaga can actually sing is just sad. Every time after she gives an acoustic or a jazz performance people are in awe and wonder why she is doing the music she does when she is able to do so much more. This EDM and poppy stuff is a waste of a talent IMO. Why to hold your voice and ability as a singer and true musician back when actually you are amazing at that? That's MY opinion.

Yet another example on how singles sell albums, and not the artists themselves - well, at least among female artists. I know we should have seen this scenario back when Applause debuted, but it's still shocking to me even to this day. 

MikeyMoonShine

Not exactly. The last prediction came in at 240-250 and it ended up selling 260K, so it could go up some.

Believe it or not, 70-80% is to be expected in today's current market, especially with those artists with big dedicated fan bases.

Well yeah but they are generally only out within about 10k. I guess we may get better predictions later in the week.

Tbh I found it unlikely that she wouldn't make 250k I think she just had a big midweek lull in sales .  

I guess a 60k week 2 is better than a 50k week 2 and maybe it could even be 70k if we are lucky. The thing is her week one sales were low and now she's having a huge drop, it just doesn't look good at all. 

No one should ever go back. She should evolve. It doesn't matter what people are here for. If she thinks art is important to her then that's what she should keep on doing. Personally, I'm not into art but I don't mind her ramblings because ultimately I just listen to her music.

I mean she should go back to what she was before BTW because TF and TFM were all about music and fashion. BTW changed the way people look at Gaga because the 'love yourself' and art concepts from BTW and ARTPOP distract people and make them less interested in music. Maybe this is the reason Gaga lost a lot of fans during BTW and she'll loose more with ARTPOP. 

"Act II is canceled because you little bitches couldn't even get me to 75k second week"  :derpga:

I'm not too concerned with sales anymore. It's just a lacklustre album selling season for females. Not much we can do but continue to support her.

Fans: "OMG! The album is #1 WW and on the Billboard 200!" Slay!"

*the moment they find out the album sells 50K in the second week

Fans: "OMG! She's a flop! She's finished!"  :roll: 

I love it when Gaga has financial success, but I will be just fine as long as she is happy and doing what she wants to do.  The album is pure joy and a start-to-finish (with the exception of "Dope") dance party! Besides, album sales are irrelevant these days and most of the mainstream artists today have trouble selling their albums. THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!!! 

P.S.
There is nothing wrong with following her chart success, but don't be an idiot about it. Gaga works hard to bring us this music and that's good enough for me. Let's be real, "Applause" is doing great and has been a big radio hit! Hell, my mother is even aware of its radio success! You "fans" can take a pill and GO SIT DOWN!

MikeyMoonShine

I think, even if this era does flop. There will be an act 2 and even another era at some point. Nobody is gonna drop Lady Gaga when she can still go to number 1 in the WW charts in her first week. 

It's just a shame this era is starting out so badly as it has allot of potential  :eek:

Whispering

lol. lotus sold more

Her album opened at #7 and sold under 75K and spurned not a single top 10 hit. She was on the #1 show in the US three times a week for a year and a half before she released her album. She couldn't even manage a small tour. Who cares what her second week numbers were? The whole era wasn't successful.

Archived