💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP is equally good or even better than BTW (opinion)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

ARTPOP almost sounds too polished. I find s-xxx dreams boring, the vocals are too consistent, iTunes fest version is way better, just because it's live. G.U.Y has the best instrumental, the verse sledgehammer beats give government hooker teas, but the chorus is awfully repetitive. Aura was destroyed, Jewels N' Drugs is fine apart from gagas parts. MANiCURE, eh, I like it because it's boppy and rocky, but it's not amazing. Swines drop is too long. iTunes fest was shorter and better. The squeals make it more authentic too. Dope to me needed a bridge, but it's nice.

ARTPOP, DWUW, Venus, Applause, Fashion!, and Gypsy are my faves tbh.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought of one album being "louder" than the other...I'm not some huge electronic music junkie who cares about vocal mastering or synth layers or anything like that...I just care about good melodies and songs that really make me feel something. As much work as Gaga put in to making the electronic music in ARTPOP sound pretty, I felt that they were just decorations on a house that was tipping over because it had a bad foundation, because the melodies are far far far from being her best. She said that with BTW, she composed all those songs on a piano. Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels to me like in ARTPOP, she gave each of the songs the Stache treatment and just made up melodies over electronic music already made by the producers. Whatever the reason is, I just don't like the melodies very much, and I could tell even from Swinefest that I didn't like the songs and probably wouldn't like the album. Meanwhile, everyone jumped down my throat because those weren't the "final" songs. Now everyone is saying the same stuff about the songs that I was at Swinefest. Hmmmmm. 

AyaKara

I like your a--lysis. I prefer BTW myself. ARTPOP is not as 'ARTPOP' as it would seem. I feel that she should not have promised an experimental album beyond the measure of BTW in terms of art and depth and complexity. It is not. Musically, it's great, but not what she said. Venus, Aura, and ARTPOP (perhaps Sex Dreams, and Swine) are the only songs that are truly 'ARTPOP' on the album. I'm looking forward to the rest of the experience (ACT II, app with songs and videos) before I fully judge the era, though.

In my opinion, ARTPOP is better in terms of quality of the songs. Lyrically it's not as ambitious as BTW, and tonally it's tamer, but as a whole the album has more cohesiveness and isn't marred by off-putting things like religious lyrics and bonus songs that should never have seen the light of day. 

On the other hand, I think BTW was much better in terms of promo, concept and the fun factor. The ARTPOP concept feels contrived and affected, the promo has been unimpressive, the management has been bad and the fun has been zapped out of it. 

I hope Gaga's next album is just her and the music. No drama, just music. She needs to hold back a bit and take a leaf out of Beyonce's book. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

I love ARTPOP and understand your opinion, but I think BTW is superior in every aspect. ARTPOP has a lot of songs that make the album inferior (Swine, Donatella, J&D, Gypsy). 

Kindness rules all.

Tommy Monster

I always say that BTW is the reason of her recent unsucces, cause it dissapointed many.... ARTPOP is pure perfection, it's a shame that it has to suffer like this.... :emo:

BTW is just one incoherent mess with 5 great songs that were not even singles (except judas) and like 5 good songs and 5 pretty bad ones... Overproduced at some places, unfinished at others... Only now after ARTPOP slayage I can feel how much BTW dissapointed...

VforVendetta

I always say that BTW is the reason of her recent unsucces, cause it dissapointed many.... ARTPOP is pure perfection, it's a shame that it has to suffer like this.... :emo:

BTW is a masterpiece though. Its probably the biggest step Gaga has ever done in her career.

Paper Gangsta

I bet that all of you didn't even bother reading the OP! Of course, reading is for fools...  :rofl:

Some of us just like to read. I agree with your opinions

Tommy Monster

BTW is a masterpiece though. Its probably the biggest step Gaga has ever done in her career.

Well I don't want to say that it's bad, but now that ARTPOP slayed me with first listen, I realized, how much BTW dissapointed me... Like half of the songs.... Yes, we have Scheiße, GH, BM, HML and Judas, but that's like it when talking about epic songs... And the only songs from ARTPOP that are not epic are MANiCURE, MJH and Fashion!.... Otherwise :legend:

VforVendetta

Well I don't want to say that it's bad, but now that ARTPOP slayed me with first listen, I realized, how much BTW dissapointed me... Like half of the songs.... Yes, we have Scheiße, GH, BM, HML and Judas, but that's like it when talking about epic songs... And the only songs from ARTPOP that are not epic are MANiCURE, MJH and Fashion!.... Otherwise :legend:

All of these are opinions and are accepted of course.

Some of us just like to read. I agree with your opinions

:hug:

Battle 4 Ur Life

Bloody Mary and Heavy Metal Lover >>>>>>> whole ARTPOP

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Tokyo Rose

Born This Way is sooo much better. I had high hopes for ARTPOP and I like Applause but the rest of the album is forgettable.

I'd rather listen to her unreleased songs than most of ARTPOP

Archived