đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP is equally good or even better than BTW (opinion)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Don't be bored, read! :manicure:

To clear things up I am a huge BTW fan and those who know me already know this.

I received my ARTPOP copy today and I listened to it full on great speakers and with a good mood. I must admit that it was the best experience I ever had with an album. First things first:

First of all BTW is an experimental and very loud album. It is also a grower which means that you have to listen to it many times to love it and underrstand Gaga's vision. The truth is though that the big (-) about BTW is that the album is so loud that it isnt easy to listen to it at all, even if you love the album and the connection between the songs is amazing. With BTW when I reach the last part of the album I am like, finally because my ears are in pain, eventhough I really loved the experience. This loudness makes also the album difficult to love in the first listen.

On the other hand when I listened to ARTPOP everything was flowing so well, physically and prefessionally from Aura to Applause that I was hooked to the album eventhough I have listened all tracks individually many times already. The whole body of the album is so well-balanced that you enjoy every single track for what it is. With BTW you can't enjoy the epicness of TEOG at all because you have a headache already. (a beautiful headache but still).

The truth is that BTW is more ARTPOP than ARTPOP but it doesn't matter because what Gaga has managed this time is to find balance between quality, experimental, commercial, cathcy, meanings, loudness etc. Maybe in the future I will still listen to BTW more than any other Lady Gaga album because I still haven't managed to ''conquer'' it completely even after a billion listenings. Older people can't even listen half of the album. This is the beauty of BTW but this is also it's biggest flaw.

ARTPOP isn't as ARTPOP as Gaga claims it to be but it doesn't matter because it is as ARTPOP as it needs to be. This is the work of a mature artist that knows where he comes from and where he goes. It is not generic, it's well-made and on point.

Many fans will say that BTW is more complex and intriguing that ARTPOP will ever be but the truth is that music is to unite people and make them express themselves and feel happy. When somethng is too complex it loses it's goal. BTW is in my opinion one of the most interesting pop albums ever but ARTPOP is also definitely one of the most solid and most ''on-point'' albums ever .

BTW was a big, immature jump forward from TFM. ARTPOP isn't a jump forward, it's just a step but it's a mature step and this is what makes the album better than anything Gaga has ever done.

Don't start bashing me without first reading the OP! Thank you. :toofunny:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Checkers

Lol ARTPOP is for party animals. Born This Way is for insecure 15 year olds. nnn so yeah I do think ARTPOP is better.

Du1uxFN.gif

VforVendetta

I bet that all of you didn't even bother reading the OP! Of course, reading is for fools...  :rofl:

High King

ARTPOP > The Fame Monster > The Fame > Born This Way 

tbh

Lol ARTPOP is for party animals. Born This Way is for insecure 15 year olds. nnn so yeah I do think ARTPOP is better.

Du1uxFN.gif

This exactly tbh

Ray of Light

At the end of the day, this is all subjecive and based on opinions. Even Gaga can't say which album is her "best" without it just being an opinion. I'll agree to disagree & keep my opinion of BTW being the better album.

Evanescence

At the end of the day, this is all subjecive and based on opinions. Even Gaga can't say which album is her "best" without it just being an opinion. I'll agree to disagree & keep my opinion of BTW being the better album.

Preach your rays of enlightenment.

Archived