💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' debuts at #1 in US with 260k

Americano

Featured Posts

Eh….these numbers are pretty bad no matter how you spin it. I'm positive she's disappointed regardless of what she tweets. I tried to tell y'all back in September that she probably wasn't going to have a huge opening week though. However, I thought she would at least pull in 300K. 

It all goes back to the music though,

Applause, while I do love the song, is a weak debut single. She would've done much better with G.U.Y. or Sexxx Dreams. That was one thing that annoyed me with BTW…..the album as a whole was fine, it was her single choices that sucked. Hopefully, she won't make the same mistake with ARTPOP.

Lady Gaga has become a classic example of how getting to the top is easy, staying at the top is the challenge. 

The ONE saving grace for these first-week sales would be if she consistently stays around this amount for the weeks to come…..which doesn't look likely….ARTPOP is already dropping on iTunes, Applause may be out of the top 10 on the Hot 100 and I have no clue what DWUW is going to do.

I'm upset.

Edited by E24187

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• JaggedMonster

• MikeyMoonShine

• MonsterOfSpain

Also, I just want to say, I'm not obsessed with sales as long as the quality is there, but there is a business side to the music industry that shouldn't be ignored. 

It's not reasonable to expect her to be selling a million copies every debut week of every album she releases, but there should be some decent enough numbers at this stage of her career.

thefamebitch

i'm hoping for some good christmas numbers

I will probably account for more than half of the Black Friday numbers at Target haha

Americano

Eh….these numbers are pretty bad no matter how you spin it. I'm positive she's disappointed regardless of what she tweets. I tried to tell y'all back in September that she probably wasn't going to have a huge opening week though. However, I thought she would at least pull in 300K.

It all goes back to the music though,

Applause, while I do love the song, is a weak debut single. She would've done much better with G.U.Y. or Sexxx Dreams. That was one thing that annoyed me with BTW…..the album as a whole was fine, it was her single choices that sucked. Hopefully, she won't make the same mistake with ARTPOP.

Lady Gaga has become a classic example of how getting to the top is easy, staying at the top is the challenge.

The ONE saving grace for these first-week sales would be if she consistently stays around this amount for the weeks to come…..which doesn't look likely….ARTPOP is already dropping on iTunes, Applause may be out of the top 10 on the Hot 100 and I have no clue what DWUW is going to do.

I'm upset.

Obviously DWUW is going to be a hit

that break ruined gagas career, im happy she fired her manager! imagine rihanna not debuting any music since loud?! its absurd! people tend to move on! especially in such over saturated industry! gaga has lost her social power! she used to be the biggest social person, and she threw it all out of the window with a 2 year break...her controversies wont work this time, cus nobody cares for her anymore!

that break ruined gagas career, im happy she fired her manager! imagine rihanna not debuting any music since loud?! its absurd! people tend to move on! especially in such over saturated industry! gaga has lost her social power! she used to be the biggest social person, and she threw it all out of the window with a 2 year break...her controversies wont work this time, cus nobody cares for her anymore!

honey, she broke her hip. remember?  :crossed:

www.brianhowarddesign.com

Gagaloo911

I find it quite ridiculous that having one huge debuting album (with BTW) means she's now an artist with huge opening week sales for her album.

The media and everyone needs to realize that BTW was an exception to her other albums. Every other album Gagz has released did not open with huge numbers, but sold consistently well over the long haul.

BTW was the opposite of how Gaga sells normally, and had massive front-loaded sales and almost no longevity or consistent sales after the first week or first couple weeks.

I feel that ARTPOP will be a return to how she has always sold: having reasonable opening week sales and then longevity and consistent sales after that.