• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• JaggedMonster

• MikeyMoonShine

• MonsterOfSpain

I understand why some are melting down over the 260k figure - BTW sold like 5 times as much, and her lessor contemporaries outsold her by a few thousand..

but she's #1 guys!    #1 !!

YASSSSSSSS B**CH!!! :party:

OpgLXMf.jpg

Edited by Nick1495

you mean not so itunes friendly 1st single because Applause is her biggest radio hit. :awkney:

My point is the song did great, despite not being very commercial, not only on radio, but on iTunes, too. The fact Applause has been received this well by the gp only says great things. If she continues to get good support from Interscope, and they invest in the next singles' promotion, ARTPOP can have great longevity.

Hopefully this keeps steady like the truth about love .. Honestly the sales make sense with the single situation but I honestly couldn't be more proud of the music. I stand by gaga cuz this cd is hot ****!

yeah, but Madonna's MDNA had bad sales. So she's basically on top of the list because of the touring. The member you quoted was mainly referring to the meltdowns over album sales. And if we're talking album sales, ARTPOP is already beating out  because of MDNA's huge 2nd week drop.

yes it's true. but before you wanna compare that, all pop royalties (more than 20 years or even 30 years) in the globe that are listed in the top 10 earning artistes of each year are there because of the tour earnings and NOT of album or single sales contribution.

no one will know whether lady gaga will be there on the top ten earning artistes chart after 20 years even from the look of it.

26k is ok but for an artiste that overhyped her album with so much promos (vma, artrave, snl, numerous interviews, uk/germany/us media appearances, advertisement on tv) in different continents compared to others before an album release, it's a bit disappointing. but you can't also deny the album sales in this era has been decreasing slowly.

like kanye west has stated, the best way is to make better music to sell music.

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga 7h
I'm so happy ARTPOP debuted #1 in the US and is already platinum is countries all over the world! thank u

This is all that matters to me :)

Madonna had some tours that weren't well received in the past

which ones? they were all sold out.

Edited by theredkilt