💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga’s portraits of famous painting by Robert Wilson

Bazaar

Featured Posts

drbumblenut

1) It's a cool idea that I hope gets expanded upon, because I'm not feeling these yet, even though they're impressive. ARTPOP is about the adrenaline rush of inpiration, but I don't feel it here. I think it's the choice of paintings. They don't make me, personally, feel anything.

EDIT: That's probably also because I'm not at the LOUVRE, and I'm sitting on a message board, like everyone else. Everyone here knows it's a whole different ballgame when you're in the same room as the art.

2) Do your thing, gurl, don't let anyone stop you.

3) I hope one day we can look back at this period as a quaint time when people continued to insist that she promote her album instead of using her massive resources as a playground to realize her dreams. Y'all must not be working on your own dreams then.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pure Adrenaline

waiting for the 50 min video tbh :nails:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

There is literally nothing anyone should be complaining about with these. An artist wants to use Gaga for their project at THE LOUVRE and y'all are dissing it because it's not "original" or isn't being used as a promotional gimmick to sell albums? :smh:

Gaga told us recently that "era" and other words don't fit the way she thinks about her album cycles. Her entire life = her artistry = eveyrthing she's doing right now is for / about / as a result of ARTPOP. It's not just the album, that's so narrow-minded.

"They're wasted promo" - have you not been listening to her in interviews recently? Howard Stern interview quote: "Im so glad we're having a good interview, Im so tired of promoting the album" etc. If you want a promo-machine working only for sales and figures, go elswhere.

You guys are completely missing the point of what I'm trying to say. The point is that we FANS know what she's doing, but the GP (which accounts for 90% of her album sales) does not! We know she's doing things like this and we appreciate it, but she's not tying it into to album at ALL, so the GP has no clue what's going on. To them, she just appeared at the VMAs and then did some radio interviews. She needs to be tying more things into ARTPOP: this is why the album reviews are so underwhelming. The album is simply POP. We FANS see the ART, but 90% of people don't because she just randomly does these things without tying it into her own album!

You guys are completely missing the point of what I'm trying to say. The point is that we FANS know what she's doing, but the GP (which accounts for 90% of her album sales) does not! We know she's doing things like this and we appreciate it, but she's not tying it into to album at ALL, so the GP has no clue what's going on. To them, she just appeared at the VMAs and then did some radio interviews. She needs to be tying more things into ARTPOP: this is why the album reviews are so underwhelming. The album is simply POP. We FANS see the ART, but 90% of people don't because she just randomly does these things without tying it into her own album!

but she doesn't CARE about forcing everyone to pay attention to her work anymore. This isn't the Born This Way album promo. Gaga has her fanbase and that is who she aims to please (and challenge) with her work. She doesn't lose sleep over people's negative and mis-informed reactions. 

We FANS see the ART

That's what she wants. That's what she's achieving. Why do you care so much that she isn't ramming herself down everyone's throats??????

but she doesn't CARE about forcing everyone to pay attention to her work anymore. This isn't the Born This Way album promo. Gaga has her fanbase and that is who she aims to please (and challenge) with her work. She doesn't lose sleep over people's negative and mis-informed reactions.

That's what she wants. That's what she's achieving. Why do you care so much that she isn't ramming herself down everyone's throats??????

I care because ARTPOP is debuting way lower than even Prism. And that means her budgets will go down, which means less performances, a cheaper tour budget, cheaper music videos, less fashion, etc. She needs to stay popular to maintain the kind of spectacle her FANS love. The GP needs to be on her side. She needs I promote this album better! For an album she's called her little raver baby, she's acting like a mom who doesn't really want to take care of her kid. Her quote on Stern was concerning about promo. If she promoted better, the album would debut higher and she'd get more money to keep impressing us.

I care because ARTPOP is debuting way lower than even Prism. And that means her budgets will go down, which means less performances, a cheaper tour budget, cheaper music videos, less fashion, etc. She needs to stay popular to maintain the kind of spectacle her FANS love. The GP needs to be on her side. She needs I promote this album better! For an album she's called her little raver baby, she's acting like a mom who doesn't really want to take care of her kid. Her quote on Stern was concerning about promo. If she promoted better, the album would debut higher and she'd get more money to keep impressing us.

Money in the music industry, for people like Gaga, comes from touring. She doesn't need to impress the GP with endless promo, and she doesn't need the album to debut at number 1. She has an established fanbase already in place. Madonna did a handful of TV interviews for MDNA and that was an incredibly successful tour, but the album she toured didn't actually sell well at all.

I really think you should be worrying less about things you can't control and just enjoy what Gaga's doing. Or quit paying attention.

Money in the music industry, for people like Gaga, comes from touring. She doesn't need to impress the GP with endless promo, and she doesn't need the album to debut at number 1. She has an established fanbase already in place. Madonna did a handful of TV interviews for MDNA and that was an incredibly successful tour, but the album she toured didn't actually sell well at all.

I really think you should be worrying less about things you can't control and just enjoy what Gaga's doing. Or quit paying attention.

You should quit paying attention too. It's fans like you who are content with her being some rogue indie act in a few years..

You should quit paying attention too. It's fans like you who are content with her being some rogue indie act in a few years..

lolkay "rogue indie act". Im content with her being whatever she wants to be.

Go listen to Katy Perry and suck in those mass-market-appeal feels tbh

lolkay "rogue indie act". Im content with her being whatever she wants to be.

Go listen to Katy Perry and suck in those mass-market-appeal feels tbh

That's Still not what I was saying. All she has to do to appeal to the GP is promote her art a bit more. She's not. It's bugging me. That's it.

fuzzyandgreen

Gaga has shiploads of money right now; I don't think she needs to worry about not affording a wardrobe for a music video anytime soon. You don't simply go from a top Forbes-listed figure to broke "rogue indie act" in a few years (when she'll likely be touring and racking in millions anyway). Plus, Gaga started her career with very little money and still managed to entertain and gain an audience, so I don't think money determines how successful of an entertainer she is. 

Jo Calderone has been decapitated. RIP  :emo:

:derpga:

I know its probably just me... but Gaga looks awesome in a beard... I love beards... I need my own... Id name it Dr Robert Jorgeson... and I would wear it when its cold out...

Sorry I got a really bad night sleep last night so Im really weird right now XD

:lmao:

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Archived