Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga’s portraits of famous painting by Robert Wilson

Bazaar

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber

On the first one, did they just photoshop her face on the body? Or did she really buy the clothes?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are supposed to be moving pictures, which may be why these are underwhelming. That is what she seemed to imply in her culture show interview at least. 

Yeah, Robert Wilson has been doing video portraits that loop smoothly:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/robert-wilsons-voom-portraits-pitt-depp-ryder-downey-jr-dafoe-and-more/

I think these may be part of the same series or concept.

I believe general admission for the exhibit opened today so you can maybe expect pictures/videos by tonight? I'll probably go to the Louvre before the end of the month myself, hopefully.

I believe general admission for the exhibit opened today so you can maybe expect pictures/videos by tonight? I'll probably go to the Louvre before the end of the month myself, hopefully.

lucky!!!! take me with you

ProudUnicorn

you guys really need to quit thinking in terms only of her job as a pop singer and album seller and start looking outside into the bigger world of art.  Thats the entire point of this era.  Instead of complaining maybe appreciate the effort it takes to re-stage these masterpieces, and do some research on the original paintings themselves.  Expand your minds besides bean counting album sales.

Exactly. And there IS PROMO FOR THIS. Louve is visited by thousands of people every day. Not only that, but she name dropped the creator of these in a recent BBC interview. Third, WORD OF MOUTH. You guys are all posting about this on a message board, possibly tweeting and posting about these on Facebook.

People need to grow up and learn how marketing works.

Allison M

the death of marat. (add to OP!)

2xAlbJq.jpg

That's great!! I think this was a really cool idea and i'm glad Gaga and Robert Wilson decided to work together. 

the death of marat. (add to OP!)

2xAlbJq.jpg

Holy crap, that actually looks like it a lot. Did they just transpose her into the original painting, or recreate it completely?

I wanna see more of this.

3 points in and ready for more

Allison M

Holy crap, that actually looks like it a lot. Did they just transpose her into the original painting, or recreate it completely?

I wanna see more of this.

i think they recreated it completely :)

FATCAT

Hmm.. Not as interesting or original as I thought they would be.

original...? They're her as the individuals in famous paintings.. how could it be original in any instance? :huh:

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived