Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

NY Times reviews ARTPOP

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

score!!!??

There was no score, they either are going to publish another "official" review that actually gives a score or Metacritic is going to take this piece themselves and give it a score based on the overall feel of the review as they have done before in the past.

its positive for the most part right?

Yes, the NY Times is known for being pretty harsh sometimes so all in all it's generally positive for their standards.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

Someone stated this before, and I'm starting to believe them: if the title of the album was anything else, the reviews would be better.

And I still don't understand what these critics want. Do they want more of what she's done in the past, or something they haven't heard from her or her contemporaries? Every review seems to contradict itself.

pieces of eight

Someone stated this before, and I'm starting to believe them: if the title of the album was anything else, the reviews would be better.

And I still don't understand what these critics want. Do they want more of what she's done in the past, or something they haven't heard from her or her contemporaries? Every review seems to contradict itself.

When it comes to Gaga, I doubt anyone really knows what they want from her.

This review is not bad, but I wish professional critics would wait for the app before reviewing the album. This review says "whatever" to it, but then seems disappointed that the promises she made about the app aren't all fulfilled by the album. The last paragraph especially is judging whether the music comes together with all the other elements of the project, but the other elements haven't all been released yet!

djBuffoon

This review is not bad, but I wish professional critics would wait for the app before reviewing the album. This review says "whatever" to it, but then seems disappointed that the promises she made about the app aren't all fulfilled by the album. The last paragraph especially is judging whether the music comes together with all the other elements of the project, but the other elements haven't all been released yet!

RIGHT.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived