Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

US Charts Discussion - 'ARTPOP' debuts at #1

Americano

Featured Posts

nick4bty

I would prefer Dope because I'm in love with it (can't stop playing it, and I already learned it on piano lol). But I really do think it would sell more albums than any Venus performance could ever do. Especially on a show like SNL. You have to keep the audience in mind, and people would rather watch Gaga playing piano to a simple, sad ballad than they would dancing around to a song with weird lyrics. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DWUW #6 in the UK

so glad this is doing well.

SLAYYY!!!! Imagine when the video gets released

Whispering

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have lurked forever and decided to jump in!

I believe what we are seeing with Applause on the radio is a label decision to push the well known hit, leading up to the week of the album release. I've seen it done with other artists and it makes sense. Right now, they are in album mode. They are pushing for the best opening week possible and it is better to do that with a #5 radio hit than with a song that is climbing and in the 30s. Then they will use SNL and the upcoming video for DWUW to launch the second single and to push for album longevity. It's a strategic decision and one that makes sense for album sales. Concentrate on the album this week and next, then start with the push for DWUW the next week.

AgusPop

I believe what we are seeing with Applause on the radio is a label decision to push the well known hit, leading up to the week of the album release. I've seen it done with other artists and it makes sense. Right now, they are in album mode. They are pushing for the best opening week possible and it is better to do that with a #5 radio hit than with a song that is climbing and in the 30s. Then they will use SNL and the upcoming video for DWUW to launch the second single and to push for album longevity. It's a strategic decision and one that makes sense for album sales. Concentrate on the album this week and next, then start with the push for DWUW the next week.

:clap:  and welcome :hug:

Americano

I really am getting confident that GAGA is going to sell awesome. All of my girlfriends are wicked impressed with her new material

New Englander? "Wicked"

RATE UP DO WHAT U WANT ON Z100

http://ratethemusic.com/whtz

1) CLICK TO JOIN ADVISORY BOARD

2) SAY Z100 IS YOUR FAVORITE STATION/ALWAYS HAS BEEN

3) SAY THAT TOP 40 IS YOUR FAVORITE FORMAT

4) USE ACCURATE E-MAIL

5) USE ZIP-CODE 10460, CITY NEW YORK CITY, STATE NEW YORK

TAKE Z100 MUSIC SURVEY AND RATE UP DO WHAT U WANT!

Glad you joined the site! Welcome. :)

Very good insight. Do you have experience in the industry? Hope to see you continue posing in the future!

Americano

RATE UP DO WHAT U WANT ON Z100

http://ratethemusic.com/whtz

1) CLICK TO JOIN ADVISORY BOARD

2) SAY Z100 IS YOUR FAVORITE STATION/ALWAYS HAS BEEN

3) SAY THAT TOP 40 IS YOUR FAVORITE FORMAT

4) USE ACCURATE E-MAIL

5) USE ZIP-CODE 10460, CITY NEW YORK CITY, STATE NEW YORK

TAKE Z100 MUSIC SURVEY AND RATE UP DO WHAT U WANT!

Runway

#newmusic by Demi Lovato - Neon Lights

Impacting now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laLD2pmOvzs

#Flop

i like this song tho

iZmOKgXXmIitC.gif

Took the Z100 survey! Rated up Burn, Demons, Stay the Night, Do What U Want, Still Into You, All Night :party:

Taking the top 40 one now

nick4bty

The KIIS survey is so strange. They have random older songs like WIWYM, Stay, and I Love It but don't even have the "Used to Like It, Now I'm ****ing Tired Of It" option 

Archived