Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

i think ARTPOP does. u may not. just have to agree to disagree. :)

I guess so but Arch Android is regarded as one of the greatest albums of all time. I doubt the critics will view ARTPOP in the same light.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure but I think not. (They only have a profile at Metacritic in TV section).

And don't worry because 3/5 is still positive (so far ARTPOP has two scores: 70 and 75 which are move pretty high for a pop album).

Besides:

Oh THANK GOD! ;) THANK U

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

I love this album really much, but i knew she would have the problem cause of the Name and the "Concept" (which i still don't get, cause there probably is none...). She talked to much about art melting with pop and so on, but in all of these song i don't feel it at all, so dont the critics. If she named it something differently it would probably be rated higher.

This will be over soon, in a month nobody will care. So lets just enjoy the album and have fun  :music:

3q425253qwewq

I know, most people here are brainwashed and/or delusional, and are afraid to hop off of Gaga's dick for once in their lives. The second I said BTW was better than ARTPOP (and trust me, I never thought I'd be saying that), multitudes of these people were trying to shut my argument down, and telling me I was spreading "negativity." I'm sorry, but this whole "ARTPOP" thing is bullsh*t, and her pretentiousness is honestly too much for me to handle. Like I can't even listen to her interviews anymore, or watch her performances. It makes me sad tbh.

:lmao:

You're still mad?

You're still here?

No, we aren't "brainwashed," we just don't go around like a toxic waste dump. Here's the thing, if you haven't realized it in the past 5 years - which is ironic since you're insulting everyone elses intelligence - but Gaga's music will continue to perpetually change. 

If you aren't happy with this album, fine but shutup about it.

WE GET YOU HATE IT.

How about, instead of being an unproductive downer, you simply wait til the next album?

Is it that hard? 

If so, just leave, and find other people to fixate on.

WHY in the WORLD would you waste your time on an artist whose music you despise?

Move on, or wait until the next album cycle.

**** everyone hating on J&D! I hope Gaga makes a whole trap/hip-hop album to shut them the hell up.

3q425253qwewq

**** everyone hating on J&D! I hope Gaga makes a whole trap/hip-hop album to shut them the hell up.

Same :lmao:

OysterBaby

No, we aren't "brainwashed," we just don't go around like a toxic waste dump. Here's the thing, if you haven't realized it in the past 5 years - gaga's music will continue to perpetually change.

I think the problem here is that it didn't really

And didn't live up to gagas previous standards

3q425253qwewq

I think the problem here is that it didn't really

And didn't live up to gagas previous standards

For two of you - you guys didn't like it. Ok.

Then wait til the next. If you don't want to, because you feel like her musical ability is declining, then find someone else to follow.

It's not difficult. 

I know, most people here are brainwashed and/or delusional, and are afraid to hop off of Gaga's dick for once in their lives. The second I said BTW was better than ARTPOP (and trust me, I never thought I'd be saying that), multitudes of these people were trying to shut my argument down, and telling me I was spreading "negativity." I'm sorry, but this whole "ARTPOP" thing is bullsh*t, and her pretentiousness is honestly too much for me to handle. Like I can't even listen to her interviews anymore, or watch her performances. It makes me sad tbh.

The opinion that I'm always too afraid to say here on GGD because I know I'll be shut down (and I will be now, too, but oh well) is that her personality and how she's acting now is even more off-putting than the music for me. My intention isn't to make an ad hominem attack and insult her -- I still think she's an amazing person with way more talent than any human being should be allowed to have -- but I think it's pretty clear that the girl is having some issues. She seems like a shell of a person compared to how she used to perform and speak in interviews. Every second I'm worried she's going to just break down and cry in the middle of a set. Swinefest was the worst. None of the confidence or fierceness is there anymore. And the ideas and the creativity just aren't there either nowadays. I seriously cannot believe that the same person who performed Paparazzi at the V festival in 2009 or who jumped in a vat to her doom while singing Pokerface at the Grammys also put on that horrendously tacky Wizard of Oz costume party of a performance at GMA this year.

And all she does now is constantly talk about how happy she is, even though it's so blatantly untrue. It's painful to watch someone acting so fake. She's become lost in her own nightmare of fame. She used to be in control of the experiment, but now it's in control of her. She's become the person she used to critique, the haggard celebrity drunk and barfing between hits off a blunt outside a club and caught by the paparazzi. She used to have a mythology of fame that gave her a path to walk along and let her control her own story by willingly giving herself to the dark side of celebrity and making an art out of it, thus creating distance between herself and her problems. It seems she got lost in her own story. She's obviously forgotten about all of that, but I sure hope she remembers it soon, or I don't know if I could bring myself to care enough about her career as it goes down the drain. This era has been so painful to watch. I wish her all the best and all the strength in the world as she goes forward and hopefully turns things around for herself. I'll be waiting!

Brooke Hoegan

Like I can't even listen to her interviews anymore, or watch her performances. It makes me sad tbh.

this especially... can't at people not being able to see she's changed / saying it's a change for a better ...

TimisaMonster

Apparently they didn't hear when Gaga said ARTPOP would be immature...in other words, not taken so seriously like TFM or BTW...it's just a fun album...:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived