Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

ManuelMonsterr

Well, going by that logic, music put out by Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha is also part of pop culture, and yet you don't see them going around, talking grandly about how their work is part of pop culture. Lol. U see what Im saying? Like, YES it's part of pop culture, but we all already know that, it's already implied, it's inherent. So why is she coming out and saying, "My work is part of pop culture"? Like...she's stating something that's blatantly obvious, but she's making it seem like it's not, and that it's some obscure, artistic concept. And she has become narcissistic if you ask me. She def didn't used to be.  

She did...luckily we will have the videos/performances and photos from that era forever. Oh rly? I should have a listen! Lol

enjoy

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, going by that logic, music put out by Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha is also part of pop culture, and yet you don't see them going around, talking grandly about how their work is part of pop culture. Lol. U see what Im saying? Like, YES it's part of pop culture, but we all already know that, it's already implied, it's inherent. So why is she coming out and saying, "My work is part of pop culture"? Like...she's stating something that's blatantly obvious, but she's making it seem like it's not, and that it's some obscure, artistic concept. And she has become narcissistic if you ask me. She def didn't used to be. 

I understand what you mean, but I fail to see how that makes her narcissistic. It's not like she means to say she's the queen of pop culture or that she's the only true icon or artist. Besides, I think she's always liked to state the obvious, for whatever reason. She might think it's necessary to point out so people get the full picture, or it could be nothing more than a dumb habit. And other pop stars don't say that because it has nothing to do with the concepts of their albums/eras, so it would be even more pointless for them to say it.

I'm just sitting here after all these posts like....who cares?

You either like it or not. The reviewer had an opinion and it's not changing mine at all. I don't feel like I have to refute him.

Gaga doesn't have to prove anything. She's been a big deal since 2008. No bad review is changing that

Tony31511

Well I think out of all the pop stars out there, Lady Gaga puts the most effort, emotion, and energy into her work. That includes music, performances, clothing, and anything she endorses (FAME Perfume, Heart Beats, etc.). I think she speaks highly of herself all the time because she has this impression that people aren't appreciating the art she puts behind everything. She knows that she stands out and she wants to let everyone know that she is a huge part of pop culture in today's society. So yeah, I actually think it's important that she expresses her achievements because they should be noticed and appreciated more. 

I understand what you mean, but I fail to see how that makes her narcissistic. It's not like she means to say she's the queen of pop culture or that she's the only true icon or artist. She might think it's necessary to point out so people get the full picture. Besides, I think she's always liked to state the obvious, for whatever reason. It could be nothing more than a dumb habit. And other pop stars don't say that because it has nothing to do with the concepts of their albums, so it would be even more pointless.

You rly think it's a dumb habit? Come on now. And...I think she does mean to imply that she's the queen of pop culture, actually. Or at least, in her own mind, she feels that way. If she didn't think this, or didn't want to convince people of this, then there would be zero reasons for her to be talking herself up the way she has been for the past 2 yrs or so. Lol, we could go on and on about this, but I respect your opinion.

She knows that she stands out and she wants to let everyone know that she is a huge part of pop culture in today's society. 

Well...that's not narcissistic  :usrs:

You rly think it's a dumb habit? Come on now. And...I think she does mean to imply that she's the queen of pop culture, actually. Or at least, in her own mind, she feels that way. If she didn't think this, or didn't want to convince people of this, then there would be zero reasons for her to be talking herself up the way she has been for the past 2 yrs or so. Lol, we could go on and on about this, but I respect your opinion.

I respect yours as well, and I hope it didn't come off like I was trying to attack you or anything. Just out of curiosity though, how do you feel about her constantly repeating "I'm an artist/I make art" back in TF/TFM days?

I personally didn't have a problem with that either but I think what she's saying now is ironically toned down in comparison. I guess we just perceive things differently... tbh as long as it doesn't change how she treats others and her overall personality, whether or not she puts herself on a pedestal doesn't really matter to me :shrug:

I feel like this reviewer is a tiny bit dimwitted. Every single lyric he mentioned as being stupid is obviously supposed to be tongue-in-cheek. Does he really think lines like "I'm as rich as piss", "Don't you know my ass is famous" and "Walk down the runway but don't puke" are supposed to be serious?

I mean, I'll be first to admit that Gaga NEEDS to hone her lyrics more and stop with this "word vomit" idea of thinking she can write a lyrical masterpiece in ten minutes. A perfect melody might come in that time, but legendary lyrics come from a lot of fine-tuning and re-drafting. With that being said, this review is blatantly missing the obvious humor and irony in some of her songs, and it just makes it difficult to take the a--lysis seriously.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

BangTheGong

Ok, but the mere fact that she is referring to HERSELF and her work as "pieces of pop culture" is extremely conceited. I mean, yes, we all know Lady Gaga's an icon. But her constant need to be talking herself up as this piece of high art / pop culture is very off-putting and makes her look unbelievably full of herself. We all already know she's an icon. Cool. Why is she feeling the need to re-validate that and proclaim it over and over again? Like, she needs to get over it. It makes her a lot less likeable. And...is she obsessed with the concept? Or herself? I feel like it's more the latter. 

Hmm you are obviously passionate about this subject, but I don't agree with this picture you are putting on Gaga. The concepts of Art, Fashion, Technology, Music, and Pop Culture was introduced to us during the Fame era. This is something that Gaga (or Stefani) has been wanting to do since very early in her career, and she she mentioned that the album is a continuum of TF/TFM. I always thought the point of Lady Gaga was to control the masses by use of her music and cultural impact (as a reference to Radio GaGa).

Anyways sorry for being off topic... 

I respect yours as well, and I hope it didn't come off like I was trying to attack you or anything. Just out of curiosity though, how do you feel about her constantly repeating "I'm an artist/I make art" back in TF/TFM days?

I personally didn't have a problem with that either but I think what she's saying now is ironically toned down in comparison. I guess we just perceive things differently... tbh as long as it doesn't change how she treats others and her overall personality, whether or not she puts herself on a pedestal doesn't really matter to me :shrug:

No not at all. Yes, she did say things like that back then, but for me, she had good, and genuinely fun music to back up what she was saying, she was certainly not taking herself as seriously, and she wasn't pushing the high art thing as much (of course she has always been about "art", but now she's pushed it to an uncomfortably extreme / pretentious level for me). Again, thats just my opinion though. 

Queen Gloria

"The horrible Jewels N' Drugs" rofl, no lies were told! :legend: Huffpost.

that guy has like zero insight into lady gaga, pop music, or the album itself.... why do you people let this get attention. 

This fan base is just as stupid as every other one tbh

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived