💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sadly i agree, i still love ARTPOP but she seems off and nobody here notices it idk

yesterday i saw the AMA BR rehearsal, and DAMN where is that fierceness gone? she let the haters destroy her and lost control idk man it hurts being a fan since 2008 seeing her like this

lol like when they say, DO YOU MISS THE OLD GAGA? 

waat she is TOTALLY THE SAME 

and im like.... :awkney:

LOLLL. Yea, she's definitely not the same. Like, some of her fans just need to use their brains a little more. Think about what she's actually saying, the content of her work, and how she's been acting, and yea, it will be pretty easy to see that she's radically different. It makes me sad too :/ Like for a while there she was the S.H.I.T. and she was owning everything. Funny how the fame rly does get to everyone's heads, even people who claim it never will. 

GreenEyes

Do they not get how many art visuals she is using? The visuals are more art and the music is more pop

I guess that is pretty hard to understand..

So then tell me what "ARTPOP" means, beyond just it being putting "art on the soupcan" or whatever she said (and I dont even get that). Has she clearly conveyed that idea to you? If so, please enlighten me. Or do you think that just saying that Jeff Koons is "suddenly" her, and that "art's in pop culture" in her, validate it? Because I'm pretty sure any major artist under a major record label could name-drop Jeff Koons in their song and pay him to design his/her album cover. To me, it appears she's just doing it to make people think she's a true "artiste." 

The soup can thing is about as straightforward as it can get. She did exactly what she was saying with Jeff Koons's help; to put it simply, she put pieces of art (the sculpture, gazing ball, the background) onto a piece of pop culture (an album cover). I don't think she's done with that idea yet, and I think it'll be a recurring theme. If it's not, THEN I'll agree that none of it made sense. Also, I don't think the plan was ever to stray completely from pop music, or even to make the art visible in the music, if that makes sense. I don't think we have enough of the era to judge the concept, because I've always thought the ART was going to be more visible through videos/performances/etc. but tbh my interpretation doesn't matter anyway; all I was saying is that it's pretty ridiculous to write this off as something cheap or meaningless when it's clear how obsessed she is with the concept, beyond how it "looks."

Brooke Hoegan

.I agree, I can only wish her the best and hope someone really slaps some good sense into her. Sometimes we all need a big ol' slap (or punch) in the face...I think she is in need of one. I'm glad someone else sees through all of this and is willing to discuss it like a reasonable human being.

Elton could

he's an artist with a long-running career, Gaga trusts him, he's like the only artist I can think of who knows her since TF era and is still getting on well with her

in addition, he's recently said something very similiar about her... something like 'keeping the icon of 'gaga' is starting to be the main goal for Gaga, she focuses on her visual/cultural coating rather than her music'

OK another note:

When she said "experimental" I was expecting some Bedtime Story mixed with Yung Rapunxel kinda stuff. THIS is the direction she needs to go in. Let's face it she's got all the fans she'll ever have, the only way she can make new ones is by stepping back and strip away the commerciality. If Yung Rapunxel was a Gaga track it might not have got to no1, but it would have earned so much respect. Imagine her on X Factor with a black bob, septum piercing, black roller-neck, some biker boots, it would've been fab. This hippy thing is just not cool, she's playing dress-up. She could do with toning down the fashion ever so slightly and growing up a bit. We've been with her since 2008, we've grown nearly 6 years since that and so have our tastes.

EDIT: SHE NEEDS A MULLET

The soup can thing is about as straightforward as it can get. She did exactly what she was saying with Jeff Koons's help; to put it simply, she put pieces of art (the sculpture, gazing ball, the background) onto a piece of pop culture (an album cover). I don't think she's done with that idea yet, and I think it'll be a recurring theme. If it's not, THEN I'll agree that none of it made sense. Also, I don't think the plan was ever to stray completely from pop music, or even to make the art visible in the music, if that makes sense. I don't think we have enough of the era to judge the concept, because I've always thought the ART was going to be more visible through videos/performances/etc. but tbh my interpretation doesn't matter anyway; all I was saying is that it's pretty ridiculous to write this off as something cheap or meaningless when it's clear how obsessed she is with the concept, beyond how it "looks."

Ok, but the mere fact that she is referring to HERSELF and her work as "pieces of pop culture" is extremely conceited. I mean, yes, we all know Lady Gaga's an icon. But her constant need to be talking herself up as this piece of high art / pop culture is very off-putting and makes her look unbelievably full of herself. We all already know she's an icon. Cool. Why is she feeling the need to re-validate that and proclaim it over and over again? Like, she needs to get over it. It makes her a lot less likeable. And...is she obsessed with the concept? Or herself? I feel like it's more the latter. 

ManuelMonsterr

LOLLL. Yea, she's definitely not the same. Like, some of her fans just need to use their brains a little more. Think about what she's actually saying, the content of her work, and how she's been acting, and yea, it will be pretty easy to see that she's radically different. It makes me sad too :/ Like for a while there she was the S.H.I.T. and she was owning everything. Funny how the fame rly does get to everyone's heads, even people who claim it never will. 

she owned the scene and the stage :(

i know katy sucks but her song "Pearl" describes gaga perfectly

Suddenly everyone loves BTW after the endless whining for the last 2 years

Thissssss

Do you hear that? It's poison.

The people who can't realize that Donatella's lyrics are idiotic due to satire They're satirically idiotic, that's the whole ****ing point of the song.

I agree that Jewels N Drugs sucks tho

Ok, but the mere fact that she is referring to HERSELF and her work as "pieces of pop culture" is extremely conceited. I mean, yes, we all know Lady Gaga's an icon. But her constant need to be talking herself up as this piece of high art / pop culture is very off-putting and makes her look unbelievably full of herself. We all already know she's an icon. Cool. Why is she feeling the need to re-validate that and proclaim it over and over again? Like, she needs to get over it. It makes her a lot less likeable. And...is she obsessed with the concept? Or herself? I feel like it's more the latter. 

Well, her work IS a part of pop culture, and everything else all just comes down to her explaining what she's trying to do with the era... Maybe she doesn't have the most "normal" way of explaining things (she even said that herself) but she's not turning into some narcissistic ass :smh:

Jewels N Drugs slays?! From what I've heard hiphop-heads like it. I think it's a really fresh venture for her.  :cool:

Well, her work IS a part of pop culture, and that all just comes down to her explaining what she's trying to do with the era... She's not turning into some narcissistic ass :smh:

Well, going by that logic, music put out by Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha is also part of pop culture, and yet you don't see them going around, talking grandly about how their work is part of pop culture. Lol. U see what Im saying? Like, YES it's part of pop culture, but we all already know that, it's already implied, it's inherent. So why is she coming out and saying, "My work is part of pop culture"? Like...she's stating something that's blatantly obvious, but she's making it seem like it's not, and that it's some obscure, artistic concept. And she has become narcissistic if you ask me. She def didn't used to be.  

she owned the scene and the stage :(

i know katy sucks but her song "Pearl" describes gaga perfectly

She did...luckily we will have the videos/performances and photos from that era forever. Oh rly? I should have a listen! Lol

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived