💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My ARTPOP Album Review

MANiCURE1295

Featured Posts

MANiCURE1295

So like many of the other member's on here I will be giving my album review of ARTPOP. So let's get right into it....BEWARE LONG READ I APOLOGIZE BUT I NEED TO GET ALL MY THOUGHTS OUT ON PAPER. Note: Don't pay attention to the number ratings that much because for me it's SO HARD to choose a number. I feel like most of the songs are so perfect that I rate them against each other and therefore some songs look lower than they probably should be based on their descriptions.

Okay here we go...

1. Aura - I absolutely love this song. Experimental Gaga at her best. Unpopular opinion, I love the new vocals on the song. They sound so s-xy and the verses are perfect. And the chorus is brilliant. It really packs a punch and get's peoples attention. The way the song ends when Gaga says Burqa is amazing and I think it's a wonderful introduction to the album as a whole 9/10

2. Venus - Another great song after Aura. The lyrics are really clever and I love how this song sounds like 3 different songs but Gaga makes it work. Once again, this chorus just smacks you in the face! It comes out of nowhere and it's super catchy. This song works really well with the more classic Gaga strange verses and really crazy chorus's. The take me to your planet hook is one of my personal favorite moments in the song. While the bridge is kinda stupid, it's fun and that's what I love about this song. It's meant to be fun and that's exactly what it is. I find myself dancing and just having fun. I think either this or Aura would make a great last single. 9/10

3. G.U.Y - AMAZING INTRO! The more I listen to this song the more I fall in love with it. For me it wasn't an instant "OHMAGAWD I LUV DIS" but I did like it at first listen. As I listen more and hear the lyrics I just fall more in love with this song. I love how she mixes between wanting to be dominating and wanting to have power and wanting to be dominated. One of my favorites parts of this is the spelling. It's s-xy the way she says "You'll be my G I R L". This song is full of great lyrics! The bridge is really awesome. This needs to be a single at some point. OH and can I mention that one of my favorites parts is when she's saying ZEDD at the end. It's so fierce 9/10

4. Sexxx Dreams - I think that this will be another unpopular opinion but I love the new Sexxx Dreams. The vocals on this song really capture me. They are a mix of s-xiness and mysterious. And the "When i lay in bed I touch myself and think of you" STILL GETS ME. The chorus's added vocals make the chorus less repetitive and I don't find myself getting bored like I used to. The lyrics are really clever and fun. The bridge is SO MUCH BETTER IN THIS VERSION. My personal favorite part of the song is "I can't believe I'm telling you this but I've had a couple of drinks and...hahah". Needs to be single #4 or #5 before or after G.U.Y" 9/10

5. Jewels n' Drugs - The best part of this song is the beat. DJWS has tremendous production on this song. I really love this feature. The lyrics aren't anything wonderful but the song is a lot of fun and the T.I., Too Short, and Twista verses are wicked good and it shows a side of Gaga that hasn't been seen in her music before now. 7.5/10

6. MANiCURE - When I first listened to the studio version of this song I was completely shocked that they took out the "Save Me's" in the chorus and I was disappointed. But this song is BADASS. The vocals in the first verse and pre chorus have so much attitude and spunk that it's incredible. The rock vibe in this song is terrific. The way the song is sung is my favorite part, rocker chick at it's finest. The new lyrics aren't bad and they're growing on me by every listen. Once again MANiCURE is one of my favorites. I really like the instrumental ending of the song. I can see this being a single down the road  9/10

7. Do What U Want - The vocals in this song slay me. They're perfect. The pre chorus is awesome and this is a great collaboration. What makes this song so great is that R Kelly and Gaga sound so perfect together. They sound on the same page and they work really well together. R Kelly's verse in this song is definitely a highlight. The bridge is another great highlight. The vocals in the bridge are awesome. This is a great RnB showing another side of Gaga that people haven't seen before. I love that she is trying all these different genres. Even with all the new songs this one still stands out and it shows that it has great potential as the 2nd single. 9/10

8. ARTPOP - This song is such a great song to just listen to and chill. I love the vocal effects on this song. I do miss the louder "hee hee's" but I am happy that they're still there at least! It's catchy and I just feel hypnotized when i listen to this song hahah. I don't know how else to explain it. Great bridge, love the deeper background vocals. Probably my favorite part of the song. 8.5/10

9. Swine - First things first, the production is amazing. By far the best part of the song is the drop after the buildup followed by "SWINE!" It's pretty awesome. I love the autotune on this song. She uses it in a good way and not just to hit a note. The song is really fun and is a great song to just crank and dance like a crazy piggy mother****er! SWINE!!!!!!!! I love the sounds in the background music that sound like a hiccup? hahah i don't know how to describe it, is it a pig noise? Maybe someone can help me out 9/10

10. Donatella - BEST INTRO ON THE WHOLE ALBUM. The intro literally MAKES THE SONG for me. I just love it. This song makes me feel so ****ing rich even though I'm dirt as poor. I love the really vocally strong verses and then the soft pre chorus comes in and then BAM the chorus hits you haha! I SMOKE MARLBORO LIGHTS AND DRINK CHAMPAGNE! Love it. I expected this song to be a filler but I really do like it. It's really catchy and the verses are hilarious. I can't help but bop to this song 9/10

11. Fashion! - I see that this song has gotten mixed reviews. This is the only song on the album that I can skip on the album. I don't know if maybe I haven't given it enough listens but nothing from the song has grabbed me yet. It's not a bad song but I just don't think there's anything wonderful about it. I will say that I do like the vibe of the song and the vocals are pretty good. I think this song will grow on me as I listen to it. Reminds me of Fashion Beats from the Beginning (BEP).  7/10

12. Mary Jane Holland - Madeon has not failed me yet. The production on this song isn't "noisy" or "overproduced" It's PERFECT. I haven't overstudied the lyrics but what I do know so far, I love. The chorus is really catchy. The bridge is pretty ****ing epic. I love when it slows down and the part "I know mum and dad think I'm a mess etc" is awesome. This song is really epic and I think this will be a really intense song live. I can't wait to hear it live in a stadium. The fact that it's a weed song makes it even better for me haha. Also I love the added " ladies and gentlemen let me introduce MARY JANE HOLLAND!" 9/10

13. Dope - I'll admit that I was worried when I found out that IWBWY was reworked into Dope but oh my god was I wrong. The vocals slay me in this song. They're SO RAW it's amazing. The simple production really makes me realize just how this emotional this song is for her. It's a confession of an addict. The chorus is really great and this song really surprised me. Part of the song leaves me speechless just because the lyrics are THAT GREAT. One of Gaga's best ballads ever. 9/10

14. Gypsy - Oh god, this song. I don't even know what to say about it. It's so perfect. The vocals are awesome and the way the beat kicks in just makes me feel like rainbows and unicorns are jumping up and down inside of me. I smile so big when i listen to this song. When the chorus kicked in the first time I listened to this song i think my jaw LITERALLY DROPPED. It sounds so perfect on the album. I think part of what makes the song great is that you can hear the happiness in her voice when she sings about Taylor being her guy and her home. It really melts my heart. And when the "I'm a Gypsy" part comes in for the first time I just fall apart. I just can't handle it hahaha. I stan for this song. The bridge starting at "We can chase the sunset" SLAYS ME! I literally die. I love the background vocals "If you go with me" "See the world with me" Kill me. It's perfect. The country part sounds so amazing and much better than I thought it would. I can say nothing bad about this song. 10/10

15. Applause - Wonderful lead single and a wonderful end to an amazing album. The chorus is still killer and the instrumental is one of the best on the album. This song to me just doesn't get old. I still love it to this day. Really love this song. 9/10

MANiCURE1295

I love how much you like ARTPOP as a whole. :sara:

The album is overall. I honestly can't choose favorites.

...Fashion! is my fav song on the album :awkney:

Maybe it will grow on me  :sweat:  :hug:

wahkeenasitka

ARTPOP Review
by Wahkeena Sitka
http://wahkeenasitka.com

With the release of ARTPOP, I feel that Lady Gaga's artistry as vocalist, songwriter and producer has finally matured. While many will consider ARTPOP a failure or a flop in comparison to her earlier pop radio hit friendly records, I feel that Gaga has finally awoken into true self-expression and authentic artistry. Perhaps ARTPOP will be the album that separates the true fans of Gaga from average, mainstream, boring people who have come to expect & prefer soulless, ba--l pop music.

I am in love with ARTPOP. On first glance, the feeling that ARTPOP gives me is celebratory; orgasmic energy and immense passion. Her gifts as a vocalist have never been so profoundly on display and given space for her ecstasy to be shared. In ARTPOP, we have a truly talented pop music vocalist who is ecstatic and channelling a lot of orgasmic energy through her voice.

She has always written songs with extremely catchy hooks & choruses, and I am incredibly impressed by the hooks on every song on the new album. But what really impresses me is the marriage of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) with Pop Music, and there are inclusions of progressive psytrance, psychedelic downtempo, trap & house music. I feel that Gaga is doing a lot to make underground avant-garde EDM accessible to a mainstream audience, and for the underground electronica audience, ARTPOP will be her most engaging & accessible album to date.

I am incredibly excited by ARTPOP and am already totally obsessed with a number of the tracks. The standout songs for me are: "G.U.Y.", "Donatella", "Mary Jane Holland", "ARTPOP", and "Aura".

1| AURA - 9 / 10

For Lady Gaga to include a song produced by legendary psytrance producers, Infected Mushroom, is a bold move. This is one of the most exciting and orgasmic songs on the album, and is definitely extremely psychedelic & intense. Aura is one of the least radio friendly hits on the album, but that's okay because this is meant for a loud raging sound system with huge bass in a club with hundreds or thousands of people.

2| VENUS - 7 / 10

I really like Venus, but the intro isn't pulling me in & the song doesn't get really interesting for me until she starts singing "Take me to your Planet, Take me to your Leader, Take me to Venusñ񂬩" I think it would be a mistake to make Venus a single, even though I love hearing Gaga singing about the Goddess of Love. The most cringe-worthy moment on the album is when she screams "Don't you know my ass is famous?!"

3| G.U.Y. - 10 / 10

The intro to this song is immediately mesmerizing and immediately makes me reel in total wow. What makes this song so impressive for me is the basslines during & after the chorus, it's utterly s-xy beyond words. Another piece that really blows my mind is the backing vocal of Gaga singing "G.U.Y." in harmony just above and behind the main vocals during the chorus. The passion in her voice is incredible.

4| Sexxx Dreams - 8 / 10

I like this song. It's incredibly fun, s-xy & catchy, but it's really not one of my favorites.

5 | Jewels & Drugs - 1 / 10

I've already deleted this song and have no desire to ever listen to it again. It just makes absolutely no sense on this album and it feels utterly incoherent with the vibe of the album. It's the only song I totally cannot bear to listen to.

6 | MANiCURE - 8.5 / 10

I really love MANiCURE, amazing vocals, amazing chorus & hook. This is one of the most primal songs of hers on ARTPOP. Her voice reminds me of PJ Harvey in MANiCURE. My favorite part is where she sings, "Heal Me, cuz I'm addicted to love. Save me, I'm addicted to love."

7 | Do What You Want ft. R. Kelly - 9 / 10

Aside from Applause, I think this is easily the most pop radio friendly instant hit on the record. This could be bigger than Bad Romance, really excited to see what she does with a music video for this. I love the laid back, super s-xy R&B vibe on this song. Gaga's voice is gorgeously on display in this track.

8 | ARTPOP - 9.5 / 10

The title track of the album is battling for the position of my favorite track. I'm totally in love with this cosmic, psychedelic R&B downtempo song. It's like futuristic, celestial bass heavy jazz. Laidback, relaxing and upliftingñ񂬩 ARTPOP is easily the most different, least pop & unique sound on the album for her, and will definitely appeal to a wide audience in the electronic dance music community. I would love to hear an entire album of Gaga in this vein.

9 | Swine - 7 / 10

I like Swine, but it's one of my least favorites on the album. I love that Gaga gave herself permission to get all primal and screaming on this song. The song is intense and could sound amazing in a club with loud speakers pumping bass, but I don't love this song.

10 | Donatella - 10 / 10

Surprisingly, the song Donatella is one of my favorites on the album, and I think this could be massively successful as a single on the radio. However, the glamourous & rich b---h lyrics are totally un-relateable for someone like me, yet I have to be honest, the chorus is incredible. I could listen to this hundreds of timesñ񂬩 The bassline is otherworldly and incredibly s-xy. I'm in love with her sing "Donatella"ñ񂬩 Voodoo Voodoo VooDaDaDa!! Listen to her radiate her magic!!

11 | Fashion - 6 / 10

The piano intro is quite beautiful, but the song immediately drops into 80's era disco. I actually like her repeating "Looking good & feeling fine", but the overall vibe is too cheesy for my taste.

12 | Mary Jane Holland - 10 / 10

I am obsessed with Mary Jane Holland. The combination of the basslines with her singing "Cuz I love love, Cuz I love love, You Better than, You Better thanñ񂬩" is incredible. This easily one of the most orgasmic songs on the album. "I think we could have a good time if you meet me & Mary Jane in Holland tonightñ񂬩" Gaga's homage to marijuana is totally crazy ecstatic, it almost reminds me of some moments on the Beatles Sgt. Pepper's album. Love it.

13 | Dope - 7 / 10

I don't mind this ballad, and I love that she really dived deep into some difficult & vulnerable emotions for this track. But I do think it would be a mistake to make this a single on the radio. I appreciate the emotion and minimalistic production, but it's not a song I will be excited to listen to.

14 | Gypsy - 8 / 10

I could easily see Gypsy being a huge radio hit, this effortlessly has mainstream appeal. It kind of reminds me of Billy Joel. I do like this song, but it's not my favorite on the album - I just don't usually like her pop radio friendly tracks like "You and I". I do really like her lyrics and vulnerability on this song, though.

15 | Applause - 9 / 10

Gaga chose wisely for Applause to be her first single on ARTPOP. Now that it's been several months after the song has come out, I find myself significantly less excited about it. But it's still one of the best tracks on the album. I love the marriage of EDM and pop with this song. A perfectly crafted track.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived