Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

I dont understand why people are freaking out.  There is nothing behind the song right now.  Nothing.  The success of the song right now is just extra.  Y'all need to chill out and reacess its situation in two weeks and stop panicking when a song with nothing behind it at the moment is dropping.

I mean...this **** isnt hard to figure out guys I dont know what is wrong with you people.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gov Hooka

OMG Prism and BTW are so similar! Hugely successful first single, underwhelming 2nd single, crazy promo, promo singles that slay. Except BTW did 1mil its first week, but you all know that story..

let's cross our fingers. lol jk. BTW's music is so heavenly, it doesn't deserve that comparison.  :whitney:

daviddarko

I dont understand why people are freaking out.  There is nothing behind the song right now.  Nothing.  The success of the song right now is just extra.  Y'all need to chill out and reacess its situation in two weeks and stop panicking when a song with nothing behind it at the moment is dropping.

I mean...this **** isnt hard to figure out guys I dont know what is wrong with you people.

I love you Morina  :hor:

at this point i don't even care. the second single choice is making me fume. it's a ****ing promo single, of course its sales are going to explode and then fall down, yet her bat**** stupid team decided to judge a single based off of its first day sales. They probably had the right idea with Venus. Goddddd. why?

DWUW is a safe, GP friendly choice and will do nothing but good for Gaga in the long run :)

Tommymonster44

Oh mannnn.. But confident it can go back up?

Three part question.

1) Add dates tend to be a silly formality for big pop stars.  That is just the date it is officially sent to all radio stations.  It'll be played before that.  In fact, it's already gained 0.6 AI.  Since this isn't TF/TFM Gaga, it won't be flying up the charts before adds, but it'll be gaining.

2)  It's normal for a song to drop after an initial debut.  There has obviously been a good reception and buzz around it, as well as sales from non fans and pre-orders, so that is the main thing to be concerned about.  It won't matter if it drops out of the top 10 for now.  Realize that songs in the top 10 usually have a weekly radio audience impression of 50-120 million people.  DWUW has an audience impression of zero.  

3) After it does gain on the radio, which will take a month or so, it'll re-enter the top 10 for sure.  I'd like to call it as a top 5 hit, but we'll wait and see.  She still has performances, the album release, and the music video as great promo opportunities apart from radio.

5. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly) 0.5906 0.6493 0.7101 0.7640 0.7994 0.8448 0.8929 0.9561 0.9666 0.9697 0.9730

I don't log in all day and this happens  :emo:

I see the thread was closed once today so I wont say anything

pie-kun

because you act like it is a tragedy

I'm not acting like anything lol, I've been saying this whole time that DWUW is going to plummet because there's nothing to keep it selling at this point. It boosted up album sales WW and have kept them relatively steady, which is what it was originally meant to do. VENUS and DOPE will be released in the next few weeks to help push album pre-orders even higher and she looks set to start promoing DWUW in the US starting in early November.

So basically DWUW will plummet and then slowly start increasing/stabilize as radio plays it over the next few weeks. Then Gaga will start performing it in the US and release the music video, which is pretty much when we'll be able to tell how it's going to do. Impossible to predict anything for DWUW or Unconditionally at this point.

Gov Hooka

i'm just worried about the loss of momentum. nothing will sustain it, especially now that the radio deal might be a good week/week and a half away along with the video flagged on youtube with no banners, etc. It's not looking good at this point. At least unconditionally has radio support.

Gagaloo911

Oh mannnn.. But confident it can go back up?

I'm sure after radio starts to pick it up and a lyric video is released to help streaming, it will begin to climb again.

Until then though I see it falling since there's zero promo going on for the song right now

daviddarko

5. Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (feat. R. Kelly) 0.5906 0.6493 0.7101 0.7640 0.7994 0.8448 0.8929 0.9561 0.9666 0.9697 0.9730

Sis, everything is Ok. Unconditional is not a flop at # 18 so DWUW is ok.

Gagaloo911

It's #7 now sis  :emo:

Can't Interscope just upload a new audio video with a different picture? Without radio, promo or streaming DWUW will disappear soon :fat:

Yeah just put up the clean version with the album cover. BAM! Easy.... But nope.

Archived