💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Beyonce a threat?

GagaisHotAF

Featured Posts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any artist could be a threat, for all we know a xtina and Kesha collab could drop out of nowhere and be the biggest song ever

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

HausOfMark

Beyonc'e is like a submarine, she will drop the single out of the blue, and will snatch everyobdys wave..

just wait and see.. this gurl is danger

This tbh.

-Mark

StrawberryBlond

Beyonce hasn't been a threat since 2009. She took big risks by taking long breaks between albums (for a mainstream pop star), releasing a full on RnB album when dance music was at its peak, having a baby so early in her solo career, not touring with her last album...it's no wonder her career's at an all time low. I know artists can rise from the ashes many years after we thought they were over but sometimes, you just know when an artist's best years are never coming back. Beyonce will have to work so hard if she wants to be a success with her next album and even then, I don't know if it'll be enough. I was shocked at how the US just didn't give her support with 4. I mean, I knew Run The World was never going to be a hit but I also didn't expect it to miss out on the top ten completely (and barely scrape into the top 30). Even her more typically Beyonce singles after that didn't smash. Her last US #1 was in 2008. Her last US top ten was in 2009. #1 singles are one thing, because they're difficult to get in the US. Beyonce has 5, which is a tremendous achievement. But top tens are another matter. A mainstream pop star should have no trouble getting those. Beyonce has released 9 singles since 2009 and not one of them has gone top ten. That is worrying. It appears the US has deserted her and I don't know why, especially because Sasha Fierce was her most iconic era, so whatever followed should have been a success. But I do know that her most successful market and home country (who has always liked urban music) not embracing her this early in her solo career, is not something to be taken lightly.

She's 32, married and has a child and that is a stage where female pop artists definitely start going downhill from a commercial standpoint. It's s-xist and a raw deal, but it happens, unfortunately. Ask Madonna, Britney, Xtina...

heavymlover

I don't know. Her last album actually had some pretty good songs, yet it is considered one of her least successful eras. Last february was her biggest opportunity to shine again, but she wasted it, so I don't know what to expect from her chart-wise.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived