Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poker Face, Lovegame, Alejandro, Bad Romance, Telephone, Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, Paparazzi, you still want me to continue?

Poker Face: 7 million US 14 million worldwide = 50%

LoveGame: 2,5 million US 3,5 million worldwide = 71%

Edge of Glory: 2,8 million US 5 million worldwide = 56%

Paparazzi: 3,4 million US 5 million worldwide = 68%

Alejandro: 2,47 million US 5 million worldwide = basically 50%

The other ones are true, only 4 singles.

I would understand this more if it were like DH.

2 weeks later still in the Top 20. That's an obvious smash that Capitol could have capitalized on.

Gaga and Interscope shouldve waited a week or so to see how far DWUW has fallen. If it were still #13 or something, obvs itd be worth sending to radio. But right now, they have no idea where it wouldve gone.

DWYW obviously has tons of potential in the US though, I won't be surprised if it becomes her biggest song in AI in the US.

Galactic Mess

I've always had the same impression lol

Specially after she tweeted the bridge lyrics :wtf:

Anyway I bet DWYW will be huge in the US and thus in Brazil too (her power here + the influence of a huge market) so I'm already at peace with the sudden change of plans.

Interscope couldn't wait to jump at the opportunity to scrap Venus after they never retweeted ANYTHING of hers about it being the second single prior.

I have a feeling they never were on board anyway.

I'm fine with DWUW being a single ! It is doing really well around the world and it's amazing !

I would just not release Venus this week though it will confuse people and radio.

A Stan Was Born

I am going to be cackling when Venus ends up higher on iTunes next week, though... Probably end up being short lived.

, however

Americano

DWYW obviously has tons of potential in the US though, I won't be surprised if it becomes her biggest song in AI in the US.

I think it'll also be her next #1 in UK.

Am I the only one not having a meltdown? People obviously are loving the song, so the decision isn't bothering me too much.

I'll only have a meltdowns if Venus ends up completely smashing next week only as a promo single AND if they release the video before it's even a single.

Here's to hoping the Venus video sucks :emma:

the new kworb update though :emma:

But Hold Tight is falling harder, and it didn't have a "pre-order effect" to make it fall so hard 

Mess. When it falls I hope she tweets, "JK GUIZE, VENUS IS STLL 2ND SINGAL".

I'm fine with DWUW being a single ! It is doing really well around the world and it's amazing !

I would just not release Venus this week though it will confuse people and radio.

Yeah... Release the snippet, but I wouldnt even release it as a promo single. I think sticking with Dope as a promo single is ok, though.

Tommymonster44

Am I the only one not having a meltdown? People obviously are loving the song, so the decision isn't bothering me too much.

I'll only have a meltdowns if Venus ends up completely smashing next week only as a promo single AND if they release the video before it's even a single.

Exactly.  This song has hit written all over it.  Honestly, the first time I heard this song I was thinking "why didn't they just make this the second single." 

I've literally seen almost all positive feedback on this song.

Interscope couldn't wait to jump at the opportunity to scrap Venus after they never retweeted ANYTHING of hers about it being the second single prior.

I get this feeling too.

Hopefully people in here will get a positive mind soon enough and will start doing their jobs:

-stream the audio on Youtube + Spotify

-start requesting it NOW on radios instead of meltdown-ing and pray that Gaga leaves Interscope  :sweat:

-We all did an amazing jobs requesting Applause now is the time to start doing it for DWUW

This could be her biggest airplay hit ever, urban + pop + HAC + rhytmic will support this song.

Someone has it out for her. How can your iTunes track list still not be correct? GET THE EXPLICIT OUT OF THE SONG NAMES ASSHOLES How can your NEXT SINGLE'S audio still be age restricted?

Meanwhile Interscope is retweeting Justin Beiber as he comments on a new (Interscope) boy band's video that just so happens to parody him.........priorities.......  :sick:

I'm not really having a meltdown either. I love DWUW and it's definitely single-worthy. I just think they're rushing things. 2 days on iTunes isn't enough to gauge a single's potential especially with the pre-orders effecting things. It seemed like Venus had a lot planned for it too. :shrug:

ryhanna

Did we just avoid Judas 2.0.? :ohno:

Archived