US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nick4bty

I can't believe that god awful Wake Me Up video has more views  :ghostney:

The Katy tweet reeks of hypocrisy to me. "I don't care about charts #buymypromosingle". It's so transparent. If it was a comment on the media pitting girls against one another like they always do then that would be fine. But it comes off as jealousy/sour grapes

She never said that, wtf are you talking about lmao

The Katy tweet reeks of hypocrisy to me. "I don't care about charts #buymypromosingle". It's so transparent. If it was a comment on the media pitting girls against one another like they always do then that would be fine. But it comes off as jealousy/sour grapes

Just because she says she "doesn't write music for the charts" (meaning that she doesn't write songs for radio like Roar) (not that she doesn't care about charts) doesn't mean that she shouldn't let people know about her new music though

pie-kun

Um...not caring about charts doesn't mean you don't tell anyone that your promo single is dropping tonight :lmao:

Just because she says she "doesn't write music for the charts" (meaning that she doesn't write songs for radio like Roar) (not that she doesn't care about charts) doesn't mean that she shouldn't let people know about her new music though

Um...not caring about charts doesn't mean you don't tell anyone that your promo single is dropping tonight :lmao:

:yes:

It could also be that she really doesn't fuss over the charts. Doesn't mean she won't be happy if her songs do good.

She clearly cares about commercial performance, which is totally understandable. Art and commerce are inextricably linked. I guess you can differentiate between "commercial success" and "charts". But to many people it is synonymous. I think that tweet will be thrown in her face a lot.

Except you misquoted her. Gaga certainly cares about charts. That the goal of promo.

However, she doesn't WRITE for the charts. She's rather do her own thing, then find a way to make it a success.

She said she doesn't write for the charts. She could easily write a safe, universal song that appeals to everyone, but she doesn't. That doesn't mean she can't get happy when her songs do well, nor does it mean she shouldn't promote her work.

justalovegame

She seems to care too much about charts this era tbh. :rofl: :rofl:

She said she doesn't write for the charts. She could easily write a safe, universal song that appeals to everyone, but she doesn't. That doesn't mean she can't get happy when her songs do well, nor does it mean she shouldn't promote her work.

This, so much this, when we say she doesn't care about the charts this is what we mean. She won't write just to go #1 but she will be happy if the song peaks there. Also, she has to promote in order to get sales which justify her continuing music creation.

nick4bty

She clearly cares about commercial performance, which is totally understandable. Art and commerce are inextricably linked. I guess you can differentiate between "commercial success" and "charts". But to many people it is synonymous. I think that tweet will be thrown in her face a lot.

No it's not. This is all in good fun, and its brilliant promotion. Wtf are you taking this so seriously? 

Gaga is willing to put Applause in commercials to sell it

And to encourage fans to watch her videos multiple times for streaming points.

But she won't write safe generic songs that appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Archived