💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AND 1D have slipped from 8 to 9. So hopefully this will close the gap a bit once she overtakes them for when Venus goes up against their song.

Magoo, can you tell approximately how many would the sales have been without preorders?

The number of sales without the pre-orders is the total number of sales minus the number of preorders.

The total number of sales of DWYW is currently estimated as 132K

The number of downloads made available by the ARTPOP preorder was the number of sales in the relevant update period less the background sales (assumed the average of the periods either side) = 90K - 6K = 84K

But people with preorders may have bought DWYW manually before the availability from the preorder, and people who have obtained DWYW since, might have done so via a new ARTPOP pre-order, or they might have bought DWYW and later done a 'complete my pre-order'

So all that can say for sure (subject to the maths) is the ARTPOP pre-orders are minimum 84K and maximum 132K.

If I guess the pre-orders are actually around 100K then the sales of DWYW without the preorders are 32K so far.

brizoda

I adore UK in every single way possible. UK music is the treasure of this planet :nails:

Because of this, sometimes I'm mad at Uk not liking gaga more

AgusPop

DWUW estd sales since release in 2hr periods:

18K, 4K, 4K. 90K, 8K, 4K, 4K

total 132K

last period of kworb update: fall  = 4.9%; max possible rate of fall (no sales) = 9.2% in 2.2 hrs

4K sales/2hrs is more than Royals is selling

:excited:

ViviLittleM

The number of sales without the pre-orders is the total number of sales minus the number of preorders.

The total number of sales of DWYW is currently estimated as 132K

The number of downloads made available by the ARTPOP preorder was the number of sales in the relevant update period less the background sales (assumed the average of the periods either side) = 90K - 6K = 84K

But people with preorders may have bought DWYW manually before the availability from the preorder, and people who have obtained DWYW since, might have done so via a new ARTPOP pre-order, or they might have bought DWYW and later done a 'complete my pre-order'

So all that can say for sure (subject to the maths) is the ARTPOP pre-orders are minimum 84K and maximum 132K.

If I guess the pre-orders are actually around 100K then the sales of DWYW without the preorders are 32K so far.

So the numbers that will be given next Wednesday is the total?

What is OBAMA

DO WHAT YOU WANT REVIEWS ARE IN

BuzzFeed
It’s Official: Lady Gaga’s New Song Featuring R. Kelly Is The Best Thing
“Do What U Want†is s-xy, fun, and kind of impossible not to body roll to. It’s also kind of refreshingly  dare we say it?  normal. In a good way.
When Lady Gaga unveiled the cover art for “Do What U Want†a few days ago, we knew we were in store for something EPIC.

Popjustice
I pronounce the new Lady Gaga/R Kelly single EXTREMELY GOOD.

Slant Magazine
The track, which features a verse from R. Kelly, is a measured electro banger that smartly doubles as a love song and finds Gaga doing her best impression of Christina Aguilera as she instructs detractors and/or a lover: "You can't have my heart/And you won't use my mind/But do what you want with my body."

Pretty Music Amazing
Look at that cover art. It’s certainly enough to make you taste bile, yet… we can’t make ourselves hate Lady Gaga and R. Kelly’s new single “Do What U Want.†We can’t deny we love the song’s Chromatics-like percolating synth lines or it’s bubbly New Wave-indebted melody. And we definitely cannot help but be totally on board when Kelz belts out at the top of his lungs: We taking these haters and we roughin’ them up. We layin’ the cut like we don’t give a fuuuuuuuck! Because, really, how many ****s should R. Kelly and Lady Gaga give? None. The answer is none.

MuuMuse
LADY GAGA MAKES MORE AMAZING ‘ARTPOP’ WITH “DO WHAT U WANT (FEAT. R. KELLY)â€
“Do What U Want†is, as the kids say, a serious “bop.†Along with “Applause†and the rest of the songs previewed at the iTunes Festival, ARTPOP is seriously shaping up to be one of the top pop records of the year. Kudos, Gagaloo  you can Do What U Want with my bodeh.

MSStarsNews
Musically, the song blends together an energetic, driving throwback beat. It's hard to pin down the direct decade of influence, making "Do What U Want" feel timeless. There's the deep synth beat from the '80s, the funky R&B vocalizations from the '90s and the classic disco dance feel from the '70s.

The Daily Beast
The pop startist strikes again.
The remarkable success of “Do What U Want,†is its self-assured straightforwardness. It’s got an earworm of a chorus that will make it a radio hit, and a driving, danceable beat throughout, the resistance to which is futile. It’s not selling itself as high artâ€â€or at least as any higher art than pop music.

Billboard
Produced by Paul “DJ White Shadow†Blair and Gaga, the radio-friendly track is accompanied with a pop du jour piece of artwork – a butt-in-a-thong snap, presumably belonging to the Mother Monster herself. Gaga is in good form as she channels the throaty, sassy vocals of Christina Aguilera.

:coffee:  :whip:  :clap:

Archived