💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

FrozenKookie

What a huge mess. I'll be sleeping now. Hopefully tom everything here will be less chaotic.

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

According to Zilla they're working on it, it just ****ing takes NINE HOURS to get it sorted? That must have hurt BIG TIME  today. 

Name a Gaga single that didn't sell 50%+ in the US though. There aren't many.

Just Dance 6,8 million US 10,5 Worldwide.

Poker Face, Lovegame, Alejandro, Bad Romance, Telephone, Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, Paparazzi, you still want me to continue?

How would someone pre-ordering an album effect the song's iTunes position?

There has been a recent change in ITunes policy with regard to tracks released from a preordered album. Once the song has been released everyone who preordered the album will automatically receive the track. In the past this would not affect its iTunes position. Due to the change it now counts on the iTunes single chart. DWUW shot to the top of iTunes because like 90k people preordered the album.

Poker Face, Lovegame, Alejandro, Bad Romance, Telephone, Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, Paparazzi, you still want me to continue?

drag ha ww>>>>US

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

You could have just quoted me you know :smh:

Of course I'll say it's slaying if it is. But most of the current success is because of the album not DWUW itself. Venus would have had the same success and it already has a video and performance planned out. The plan was good and they should have stuck to it...

Yes, it would have debuted big, but then it would've dropped like Applause and DWUW and then what?  :confused:

J-U-D-A-S

V-E-N-U-S

does anyone see a correlation :emma:

again, why are you so sure that DWUW would underperform ww?

It's basically pop.

heavyMetalGAGA

I haven't really resolved my feelings about R. Kelly on this song, so I'm fine with it not being a single, but from a PURELY commercial standpoint, I have a hard time believing Venus is going to be the better single choice in the long run. Of course, having not heard it, this is all conjecture. But based on what she's said about it, it sounds like a campy dance track and that limits her so much in terms of radio.

DWUW OBVIOUSLY would be a huge seller with radio to back it up. It's appealing to all kinds of people who normally don't care for her and is getting great word of mouth. And it obviously would be a perfect fit for pop radio's increasing appreciation of slow and mid-tempo jams, and obviously rhythmic and urban would be receptive. It's a smooth enough song that HAC would probably be more open to it, as well. Whereas with Venus it sounds like we might be getting another heavily pop-oriented release. Which means another struggle for those really high AI peaks. I feel like Gaga and Interscope are afraid to try and spin her success in different directions.

Welp, lol.

Americano

Interscope couldn't wait to jump at the opportunity to scrap Venus after they never retweeted ANYTHING of hers about it being the second single prior.

I have a feeling they never were on board anyway.

the new kworb update though :emma:

But Hold Tight is falling harder, and it didn't have a "pre-order effect" to make it fall so hard 

Americano

I would understand this more if it were like DH.

2 weeks later still in the Top 20. That's an obvious smash that Capitol could have capitalized on.

Gaga and Interscope shouldve waited a week or so to see how far DWUW has fallen. If it were still #13 or something, obvs itd be worth sending to radio. But right now, they have no idea where it wouldve gone.

again, why are you so sure that DWUW would underperform ww?

It's basically pop.

I'll be surprised if it does smash WW, not like how Applause or a song like that did, but actually go platinum in the UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Italy, Japan, 2x/3x platinum in Australia (not that hard: Applause didn't reach top 10 and is Platinum afaik), NZ and not drop out of the top 10 in many major markets after 3 weeks.

Am I the only one not having a meltdown? People obviously are loving the song, so the decision isn't bothering me too much.

I'll only have a meltdowns if Venus ends up completely smashing next week only as a promo single AND if they release the video before it's even a single.

Archived