Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What happened to Lady Gaga's international appeal?

Americano

Featured Posts

Ladey Gagz

Don't have enough hype. Unfortunately you people can't enjoy music without good chart positions. Applause has grown on me, I love this song, it's happy and I love the coreography. **** those chart positions

It's not even like she's flopping, her song it's a top 5 hit. Everyone has their own time to shine. Not even Madonna got all her single to #1 peak, not even Britney, not even Michael. Get over it

Oh gawd that choreo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It aint floppin. Just not a smash hit. And it's doing alot better elsewhere than in the USA

no it's not

in the relevant markets she's barely visible

I speak for the Italy, here she is still very popular, 'Applause' debuted at #2 in our official chart, she's big on the radio.

I think every artist runs their course,she was the it girl for 5 years... Maybe her time is up, maybe she is the next cyndi lauper/Xtina. The music scene is different now than it was 5 years ago.

No... It's not her case, I think 'Applause' is a particular song, at the beginning you don't like it because you have to listen and watch the video several times before that the song enter in your head, I think this is the problem, but I think that with the new singles she's gonna slay.

Instead I am happy for the chart, she went #4, not out the #40 like 'Your Body' or 'Not Myself tonight'.. Those are flops!

I think that with new singles, I hope for 'Sex Dreams' (it is really good for the radio in my opinion) she's gonna bring her chart success back, or with the telephone sequel.

Please stop sucking the enjoyment out of this era. Just ENJOY it. You are ruining for yourselves, it's nothing to do with Gaga's work.

Most of us ARE enjoying it though. I don't know why people think we aren't having fun just because we've noticed she's not doing as well lol

How is "Applause" not relatable? Is it that hard to see the actual act of applause as a metaphor for something else? It could be love/s-x/attention/food/whateverthehellyouwant. The density around here sometimes is very real.

oh, i see the mods are not doing their job like always...

She is no longer relevant, is that what youre waiting to hear?

exactly. so if you are not happy w gaga not being relevant anymore, just stan for katy or something. 

It happened what happened to Madonna, Britney, and Beyonce. They lost the "GIRL OF THE MOMENT" factor. It will ahppen to Katy, Miley and Riri... her longevity will from now on depend on the loyalty of her fans and her ability to sell out tours.

This is how the music industry functions guys, and she stated it: the music industry brings them up and then dropped down hard.

HarryTheNight

Please stop sucking the enjoyment out of this era. Just ENJOY it. You are ruining for yourselves, it's nothing to do with Gaga's work.

This! the negativity isnt fun at all, just take what she does as it comes and try enjoy it, if you dont like it fine, but stop trying to bring down others who are happy with how things are

Based on kworb, Applause is pretty much within the top 10 of the UK, Germany, and Canada, three of the biggest music markets in the world. The other major markets such as Australia and New Zealand seemed to have lost interest towards Gaga, and besides those two markets have always been a stronghold of Katy Perry. Hence, it's understandable. But nonetheless, the US is the only major market where Applause is still in the top 5 of iTunes.

Interesting enough, it's the complete contrast to what we've seen during the first week of Applause's availability in iTunes. I guess it only shows that the bulk of Gaga's core fanbase resides outside the US, but the majority of the casual mainstream music fans supporting Applause is coming from the US, well at least shown by the current iTunes positions. That's really interesting. 

Based on kworb, Applause is pretty much within the top 10 of the UK, Germany, and Canada, three of the biggest music markets in the world. The other major markets such as Australia and New Zealand seemed to have lost interest towards Gaga, and besides those two markets have always been a stronghold of Katy Perry. Hence, it's understandable. But nonetheless, the US is the only major market where Applause is still in the top 5 of iTunes.

Interesting enough, it's the complete contrast to what we've seen during the first week of Applause's availability in iTunes. I guess it only shows that the bulk of Gaga's core fanbase resides outside the US, but the majority of the casual mainstream music fans supporting Applause is coming from the US, well at least shown by the current iTunes positions. That's really interesting. 

Lol I remember it was #1 like everywhere but in the U.S she was tumbling down almost out of the Top 10 by the end of the week.

Now it's falling worldwide a bit and staying stable in the U.S :P

I began to think more Gaga haters are coming from within the fanbase and all the lines that Gaga keeps repeating on interviews that sounds like "I am happy that my fans support my artistry." are just her being delusional cos of threads like this which are posted every other days.

But then I remember there are way more people out there who really supports her no matter what and negative nancy like this are just minority and that is relieving. Really.

Stop questioning her quality.

It is either you in it or not.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

We don't need YET ANOTHER thread about why Gaga isn't performing as well as some people think she should on some chart. :)

Closing.

Archived