Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

Massive gap between the top 3 and everything else so after her GN performance she'll easily be top 4 on iTunes which is pretty amazing if you ask me. Who knows, if the performance IS really strong, top 3 might not be too far out of reach!

didn't a GN performance do wonders for OneRepublic?

She looks amazing in the DWUW performance. it's going to be brilliant

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano

Hopefully R1 B-lists her and thatll begin kicking in right as the GH effect wears down next week

They'll definitely move her up to B considering DWUW is gaining on iTunes. They're more reluctant to move a song if it's not doing well

glitterintheair

yeah, they are going to be counted after the release!

9. Are their sales still tracked while they're ineligible?

Apparently, yes. Music Week revealed the sales for Lady Gaga's 'Do What U Want' in its first week of availability as a chart ineligible instant grat, so it does appear that the OCC track their sales but just don't allow the songs to chart.

10. Does this mean those sales will be added onto its official total even though they were 'ineligible sales'?

This remains unclear but it seems the answer to that is no. Chart ineligible sales do not seem to ever count towards a song's official total sales. (If they did Coldplay's 'Paradise' will be becoming a million seller soon - I'm just gonna go ahead and pretend it is one anyway regardless of what the OCC say).

source: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=159255

VforVendetta

Hm, I think OneRepublic performed on Alan Carr

Updated the OP with the total sales for Applause!

Are the Applause sales very bad in the UK?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases/music/ref=pd_nr_zgc_m_h__music_more?pf_rd_p=242325667&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=297457&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0084EJ689AYS230BWA1Y

ARTPOP is #5 and #10 on Amazon.uk in New Releases, #18 and #39 overall. It will always be split between 2 somewhat attractive editions. (In US it's #3 overall)

It's priced higher in UK - 9 pounds for one-disc version vs 12 dollars US. That's typical - in US everyone goes for the huge sales week 1, while in UK having a huge week 1 is less of a bragging rights thing, and album prices tend to drop later in the campaign.

At this point I'm not that bothered about sales. It's a shame they'll be lost but we're getting that top 10 hit anyway (hopefully) and it's getting the public back into her after the underperformance of Applause.

Robotboy

she needs a uk #1 single this era. she should do like the other artists and let UK wait a month and a half to release gypsy :crossed:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Archived