Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Yeah that can be true sometimes but it has been proven time and time again that the delayed release strategy in the UK is effective. I'm not saying Gaga should do it in this instance, especially cos of her X Factor performance being so close. But holding off a release is definitely not always bad.

Yes but not for too long without an iTunes release. 2 weeks is a big part of a single's chart run...

Yes but not for too long without an iTunes release. 2 weeks is a big part of a single's chart run...

2 weeks ain't really that long though is it

Blurred Lines was released in the UK two months after the initial release in the US, let alone two weeks. It is the biggest hit of the year.

Roar was released in the UK almost a month after the worldwide release. Big sales etc.

Two weeks doesn't make much of a difference in the long run if the promo and airplay is good enough

Do we know what Lorde Royals is selling per day at the moment in the UK?  I ask because it looks approximately equal to the number of UK ARTPOP itunes preorders looking at the jump DWYW had.

Blurred Lines was released in the UK two months after the initial release in the US, let alone two weeks. It is the biggest hit of the year.

Roar was released in the UK almost a month after the worldwide release. Big sales etc.

Two weeks doesn't make much of a difference in the long run if the promo and airplay is good enough

u tell em haz

VforVendetta

2 weeks ain't really that long though is it

Yes, it is. Example: A single with good longivity will stay in the top 10 of the US for around 10 weeks (2 and a half months). So 2 weeks is 1/5 of 10 weeks which is a big number. If Applause has sold 1.500.000 in his 10 weeks in the top 10, without the 2 weeks it would have sold1.200.000 which is 300.000 less. Even if it loses a part of these 300.000 sales and not all those sales there are still many lost sales and impact. It's just roo risky for no reason...

Do we know what Lorde Royals is selling per day at the moment in the UK?  I ask because it looks approximately equal to the number of UK ARTPOP itunes preorders looking at the jump DWYW had.

Well as of the midweeks this morning, she has sold 62.6k total this week so far, if that helps you at all. Let us know if you working anything interesting out please :)

Royals is at 62.6k as of today's update with two more days to go.

VforVendetta

There was a huge hype for Roar before it's release though and it had preorders. The song endered the top 10 if itunes with the pre-orders alone. When blurred Lines was released there was a really dead period. There weren't many actual somgs to compete with it.

Yes, it is. Example: A single with good longivity will stay in the top 10 of the US for around 10 weeks (2 and a half months). So 2 weeks is 1/5 of 10 weeks which is a big number. If Applause has sold 1.500.000 in his 10 weeks in the top 10, without the 2 weeks it would have sold1.200.000 which is 300.000 less. Even if it loses a part of these 300.000 sales and not all those sales there are still many lost sales and impact. It's just roo risky for no reason...

but dis is the uk fam

Would it not be better to take the song off I tunes now because its loosing sales which arnt going to help her chart...these sales are wasted?or will they be included into next weeks chart?the sales of the song now are hindering her chart performance for next week...arnt they? such a mess..oh and I was wondering did any of lady gaga pre album singles ever go smoothly-proper release i.e release proper on a Sunday,like every other artist who wants to do good in the UK?I don't think so...ha

Archived