đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Applause" garnered 10.5m views in 24 hours!

Gypsy18

Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For comparison purposes, Beauty and a Beat is currently at 280 million views and We Can't Stop is at 150 million views. Applause is likely to go on to have a LOT of views :)

PlasticHo

4th is still amazing. I knew the claims of 6.8 million were bogus. 10.5 million is completely believable and that was a figure I knew I'd be happy with whatever happens. It also means that the views didn't completely flatline after the 24 hours. The record would have been awesome but there's still at least another 4 videos to come which will have massive hype and care will be taken to avoid a premature release which may have reduced views. And we can now focus on a new record - getting it to 100 million views in 35 days to beat Miley's record.

Positives

1. We now have a reference point for how long VEVO can take to process 24 hour views. 3 days and 4 hours, to be precise. This means that we won't have meltdowns if her future videos take this long to finalise views.

2. We now have a reference point for how many likes/dislikes are equal to views. When Gaga hit the 24 hour mark she had 232,118 total ratings. That now means that 10.5 million are equal to that and we can now measure how far along she is in the future (approximately).

3. We're the fourth highest debut of all time, beating lead single videos from Justin Beiber and One Direction. Even Katy and Rihanna haven't beaten the record with their really successful singles.

4. We only missed Miley's debut numbers by 200,000. Miley went on to achieve the record for getting 100 million in 36 days. If we're only 200,000 behind, it means we're in with a big chance of breaking that record.

Ready for 100M tbh. So disappointed in the likes though.

Miley has 790,842 likes and 150M views.

Gaga has 308,464 likes and 20M ? views.

Sure, it's not an exact form of measurement, but I have suspicions that fake views are now being monitored more. Starting with Gaga of course, the records get to stay as they are. Ugh!

Edit: Maybe after 1D broke the record they started monitoring more closely.

1D has 1,295,419 likes and only 78M views. LOL

hijadeputa

I just hope it dont ends up like MTN video with just 50 m views :( 

Dylangaga

This is bs and makes no sense bc I thought the streams of 150 videos at once DOESNT COUNT...I'm over this and their shade of gaga

blubrryxkisses

I'm really happy that we made it to 10.5. That is an accomplishment. Now we just have to keep watching and get it to 100m asap. And also prepare ourselves for her next video.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived