Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Applause debut at #6 on Hot 100

Gerrard174

Featured Posts

Gerrard174

In an extremely close race, Robin Thicke tops the Billboard Hot 100 for an 11th week with "Blurred Lines" (featuring T.I. and Pharrell). The song narrowly holds off Katy Perry's "Roar," which blasts 85-2 following its first full week of sales. Lady Gaga's "Applause" adds to the top 10's shakeup, debuting at No. 6, also after its first week of sales.

Despite "Roar" arriving as the top-selling song in the U.S., Thicke's lead in streaming and airplay is just enough for "Lines" to fend off Perry's challenge.

Joining Perry with a Hot 100 top 10 entrance this week is Lady Gaga, whose "Applause" debuts at No. 6. Following its radio and retail release on Aug. 19, the track begins on Digital Songs at No. 3 (218,000), Streaming Songs at No. 9 (2.9 million) and Radio Songs at No. 40 (31 million, up 97%; it registered 16 million in last week's airplay tracking period after less than two days of availability.) Having premiered the official video for "Applause" on Monday (Aug. 19), the song is likely to make significant streaming gains to be reflected next week.

The sums propel Gaga to her first No. 1 on the Dance/Electronic Songs chart (which premiered in January), where it darts 16-1.

Like Perry, Gaga nabs her 12th Hot 100 top 10 with "Applause" (which marks her third-highest debut, following the No. 1-bowing "Born This Way" and the No. 3-starting "The Edge of Glory" in 2011). She'd last appeared in the top bracket almost two years ago with the No. 6-peaking "You and I," one of four top 10s from "Born This Way," her last proper studio set. "Applause" ushers in "ARTPOP," due Nov. 11.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
homomo

I can see her climbing to the top 3 next week after the streaming views and VMA Performance!!

Didymus

Woooow, that's amazing :clap: I'm very happy. I didn't expect this, to be completely honest.

SomethingMore

Yees! Next week it will climb thanks to video.

Robin gets his 11 consecutive week at #1 :legend:

Robotboy

and the peak will definetly increase next week :party:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived