💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Applause sells 218,000 copies + #3 Digital Song

Gypsy18

Featured Posts

Of course it did. Had she released it when she was supposed to I think it would've debuted a little better. She pit herself directly against Katy Perry instead of letting a week go by to give herself her own time to shine. Maye it wouldn't have been incredibly drastic a difference but at the end of the day pitting yourself against another pop star thats coming off an era with 6 #1 singles and the GP eating out of the palm of her hand while you're trying to chip away at the negative wall built between you and non-supporters.....I think that has a lot to do with it.

Applause is definitely a grower, so its only up from here. Maybe it won't be #1 but its a promising start to a new beginning for her. The BTW-era left such a bad taste in peoples mouths, she has to work to reclaim her popularity. You've got to give her a little time.

:clap:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sister

Gaga has alot to be thankful for. This is good!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Save-Me-Oprah

200k sales is good.

Although it's quite jarring how quickly we've lowered our standards.

ibjEtHgywtrcl6.gif

Arizonadream777

Question, please answer.  Do the sales of 200 include last week only or this week also?  And where is she going to be on the billboard 100?

anyone?

After listening to the interview she gave to Long Island radio and how she explained that the label makes all the single choices without her input, it's really put all of this in a different light for me. Please, everyone, listen to it. Gaga wrote a great song. However, it's not a great lead single choice, and Gaga has absolutely nothing to do with that. The execs chose the song. If the song doesn't do well, the blame is on them. The song is great and I would love to listen to it on the album, but not as a lead single. I think Gaga would've chosen a better song as a lead single. I love Applause, but it was obviously chosen for its poppy chorus and for nothing else. The lyrics aren't that relatable to the GP and although I can't put my finger on it, there's just some "it" factor missing from the song that would make it a great lead single. I guess the song just lacks an element of surprise? After listening to the first minute, you've pretty much heard the entire song, you know? I can see why the execs would think it was a "safe" choice, but safe never works well for Gaga, and although they don't know better than that, she sure does. I'm very happy with Gaga and her amazing choices for the music video, but VERY unhappy with Interscope. 

bumblebee

The road back to the top won't be smooth. The blackout did influence her relationship with the public, so it's interesting to see how she will climb back. That shouldn't be more difficult for her than back in 2008, though

barnabesk

After listening to the interview she gave to Long Island radio and how she explained that the label makes all the single choices without her input, it's really put all of this in a different light for me. Please, everyone, listen to it. Gaga wrote a great song. However, it's not a great lead single choice, and Gaga has absolutely nothing to do with that. The execs chose the song. If the song doesn't do well, the blame is on them. The song is great and I would love to listen to it on the album, but not as a lead single. I think Gaga would've chosen a better song as a lead single. I love Applause, but it was obviously chosen for its poppy chorus and for nothing else. The lyrics aren't that relatable to the GP and although I can't put my

finger on it, there's just some "it" factor missing from the song that would make it a great lead single. I guess the song just lacks an element of surprise? After listening to the first minute, you've pretty much heard the entire song, you know? I can see why the execs would think it was a "safe" choice, but safe never works well for Gaga, and although they don't know better than that, she sure does. I'm very happy with Gaga and her amazing choices for the music video, but VERY unhappy with Interscope. 

Scheiße would have been a smash hit, damn you Interscope!

giskardsb

Katy said her album would be darker, but Roar sounds like a reject track off TD.  Exact same Dr. Luke production with lyrics that came from pushing a button on "cliche-o-matic."  

Katy keeps putting out the same easy to digest material and people keep eating it up.  With songs like Roar her audience will perennially be pre-teens.  Applause is radio friendly by Gaga standards, but still has some elements that are challenging to listeners.  Like she said in one of the radio interviews she "has to make what turns her on, and hopes the fans like it."  Gaga expects her audience to grow with her, not all of them will.

The fact that shes still getting this success 5yrs into her career is great, shows she has longetivity

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

JanPianoMusic

That is awesome! Let's hope it at least stays in the top 3 next week!

You will never please everyone.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived