US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monsterhooker

lol @ those who believe that the US market is everything  :awkney: 

i know right. Katy always kills in the US market compared to Gaga. but Gaga always wins in the WW market. for example bad romance: 5 million us, 10 million worldwide, telephone: 3 million us, 7 million ww. california gurls: 5 mil us, 7 mil ww. teenage dream: 4 mil us, 6 mil ww. WW is more important period

Pop Art

The US is the main market, there's no denying that. But to imply that the other markets throughout the world, especially the other big ones such as Japan and the UK, are irrelevant is simply ignorant.

Pop Art

Also, I'm starting to buy into those rumors that there's foul play going on in relation to the obvious lack in the amount of airplay that Applause is getting. It's been steady on iTunes for over a week now, and has yet to even leave the Top 10 for that matter. Plus, it's streaming has been great. She's also been promoting on numerous shows throughout the country. It makes no logical sense. I guess we'll just have to hope for the best.

Americano

Radio DJs love Lady Gaga, there isn't something weird going on.. I don't like these conspiracy theories

Pop Art

Radio DJs love Lady Gaga, there isn't something weird going on.. I don't like these conspiracy theories

That's what I mean. If they love her so much, which they seem to do, then why aren't they playing her? There likely isn't anything going on, but it just seems like the only explanation.

Americano

There's more to it than just iTunes. Listeners not requesting, people changing the channel when it plays, etc. Itunes is just part of the equation 

Pop Art

I don't know. As long as it continues selling well, and ends up selling a good amount, I'll be happy. It's already peaked at an acceptable level, so I guess all we can hope for now is good sales.

Pure Adrenaline

2 Eminem - Berzerk 0.5907 0.6082

3 Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (feat. T.I. & Pharrell) 0.4705 0.4808

4 Lady Gaga - Applause 0.4594 0.4628

dark red for Berzerk and BL and light red for App

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

pie-kun

Applause and Blurred Lines are right next to each other and Gaga has been gaining on him all day. If the iTunes festival is even able to get her a small boost, she'll likely overtake it tonight and with Berzerk still freefalling, she could conceivably be at #2 by tomorrow night.

Applause and Blurred Lines are right next to each other and Gaga has been gaining on him all day. If the iTunes festival is even able to get her a small boost, she'll likely overtake it tonight and with Berzerk still freefalling, she could conceivably be at #2 by tomorrow night.

It looks like Avicii is going to pass her soon though. 

pie-kun

Right, but the #2 prediction would only be if iTunes is able to give her a boost, which would increase the margin between those two songs.

Archived