💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

I don't really think choosing Sex Dreams over Applause would really have changed anything. She's coming off of a rough era and being out of the media for a long ass time. I think people just need to get used to her again.

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Sex Dreams sounds radio friendly as hell lol, and if the performance clip is anything like the studio, by FAR should've been the lead single. Idk wtf Jimmy was shoving into Gaga's brain telling her it shouldnt be

But its another song produced by DJWS. It would be unfair for other producers if she will choose again him.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

I think Applause verses are just turning people off. I love the song, but I can see why people wouldnt like it

This. The chorus is really good by any standard, but the verses take a little longer to love.

I think it's promising that Gaga has maintained on iTunes though. Hopefully radio will take notice.

I thought she'd be struggling to stay in the top 10 by this point :toofunny:

Pure Adrenaline

I'm not pleased by the fact that they choosed App over Sex Dreams I mean not that I'm scared that App wont perform well or that will flop or anything it's just that after those diconstructed live aoudio previews by not the studio vesion of the song I can feel it so much more than I feel App and one moe time don't get me wrong I love Applause but I also Bad Kids and I have the feeling that they choosed the Bad Kids of the album for lead single and left the Scheisse  :miley:  :miley:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Americano

It wouldve made a huge difference. Could I say for sure a difference for the better? No. Hell, Sex Dreams could've tanked beyond all heavens. I just feel like the SLOWER pacing of the words and the s-xier lyrics would've paid huge dividends.

They're completely different songs it seems though, so there's no way Sex Dreams would've performed the same way

But its another song produced by DJWS. It would be unfair for other producers if she will choose again him.

Just because you're on an album doesn't mean you deserve to be chosen as a single as a producer. lol

That's desperately what she needs going into single #2 though? As if radio would bite something experimental after already paying Applause dust

Applause is her friendliest radio lead-single since Just Dance and the radio just won't play it. If she has to 'flop' why not just try something riskier? We'd at least be happy that we got a flawless single. This single doesn't sound 'Gaga unique' nor fresh. Try something unique, the results might be much better ;)

Americano

Applause is her friendliest radio lead-single since Just Dance and the radio just won't play it. If she has to 'flop' why not just try something riskier? We'd at least be happy that we got a flawless single. This single doesn't sound 'Gaga unique' nor fresh. Try something unique, the results might be much better ;)

Singles are for the public/to promote the record though. Fans can enjoy those experimental songs all they want on the album, but it doesn't need to kill her in the public's eye on the radio.

I seriously don't think Applause is the "most radio friendly" song she's released in awhile like people keep saying. The beat is for a club, not the radio. I realized this last night when I heard it in the car.

Did I love it? Yeah, but it's not something you'd be bumping to while sitting in traffic. It's something you want to hear while you're out and about, somewhat drunk.

Sex Dreams sounds like something you can actually sing along with. I sing along with Applause, but I can see why most people wouldn't sing "THE KOONS IS ME"

Dangerous Man

Rhythmic cares more about the race of people featured in the song than it's sound. There was a point about a month ago, when every song in it's top 15 had a black person singing, rapping, or featuring.

That's what drives the whole phenomena of rent a rappers.

It's not because white pop listeners desperately crave a rap verse in their songs.

i know my point is it must have at least supporting it even just a little just like during TF and TFM era. Of course she isnt Rihanna or Bruno to dominate it.

So i was hoping only for a little support but now it's being abandoned.

Singles are for the public/to promote the record though. Fans can enjoy those experimental songs all they want on the album, but it doesn't need to kill her in the public's eye on the radio.

I seriously don't think Applause is the "most radio friendly" song she's released in awhile like people keep saying. The beat is for a club, not the radio. I realized this last night when I heard it in the car.

Did I love it? Yeah, but it's not something you'd be bumping to while sitting in traffic. It's something you want to hear while you're out and about, somewhat drunk.

Sex Dreams sounds like something you can actually sing along with. I sing along with Applause, but I can see why most people wouldn't sing "THE KOONS IS ME"

Re-read what I said - the friendliest radio lead-single. This song ain't worthy to be a lead-single from a highly-anticipated album. Weren't you one of the people that said Applause will smash after it was released? :huh:

Americano

In other news, Lady Gaga is promoted on Twitter.

Worldwide Trends · Change
Lady Gaga Live Promoted

Re-read what I said - the friendliest radio lead-single. This song ain't worthy to be a lead-single from a highly-anticipated album. Weren't you one of the people that said Applause will smash after it was released? :huh:

Yeah, I thought it would, and it's not? I think a lot of us thought it was going to. It doesn't really matter what I thought, because I don't control radio programming now do I?

Yeah, I thought it would, and it's not? I think a lot of us thought it was going to. It doesn't really matter what I thought, because I don't control radio programming now do I?

I think it's doing amazing considering the radio 'support' that it gets. 4 on iTunes isn't bad at all if we take all the factors in. My point wasn't that, though; my point was that neither you nor I can predict how a song does... I thought we all learnt that during the BTW era.

Americano

I still don't get the point. I already said I couldn't promise Sex Dreams would have done better, just that it would have had a DIFFERENT chart run. It sounds like a polar opposite to Applause in terms of pacing and lyrical content 

Isn't it tho :awkney: #4 on bb100 is pretty smashing...

Dangerous Man

ugh. same arguments again. :awkney:

Americano

This situation would be different if radio didn't just keep bucking her lol.

Imagine still #4 on iTunes but like a 2M+ update today? Totally different scenery 

Archived