Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Katy makes radio hits. Gaga doesn't. It's as simple as that.

It is not as simple as that. Most of Gaga songs since JD are good to listen on radios esp. Applause.

Also, there are non radio-friendly songs there which have great success in radio charts.

There's something going on there that none of us cant confirm.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Dangerous Man

12 One Direction - Best Song Ever

It is amazing how this song is holding so well. We thought it will continue to fall like a rock.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

it's payola, radios barely run on requests anymore, but if you guys REQUEST IT A LOT they will have to play it.... which is why there should be a US radio request thread to request the song in the top major cities for AI

Runway

12 One Direction - Best Song Ever

It is amazing how this song is holding so well. We thought it will continue to fall like a rock.

it's the movie effect

but its been in the top 20 since its release IIRC :party:

arcticmonkey

Outside of Gaga stuff, I heard Still Into You by Paramore on the radio today and loved it instantly. I'm sure they're getting crap from their fans for releasing such a pop-sounding song, but it's great and it's doing pretty well for them so far.

Nope. We LOVE Still Into You. We really want it to enter top 10.  :party:

Some artists are SO BAD at international promo. 

Holy Grail is #84 in Australia, and yet Jay Z is a stadium act and Justin Timberlake is having a pretty good year.

I've wondered this for a while - does Billboard's inclusion of streaming hinder or help Gaga against other artists now?

If it was around earlier in her career would she have had a lot bigger hits?

A Stan Was Born

What do you guys mean by payola? Because last time I checked that's illegal lol :sweat:

There are ways to get around it sadly

pie-kun

What do you guys mean by payola? Because last time I checked that's illegal lol :sweat:

It's technically illegal but literally no one denies that it happens.

Ohh alright. So like those radio deals? Does Katy's and Rihanna's labels do a lot of those, is that why their AI's are usually really high?

Pure Adrenaline

The question is...

Is Gaga making new fans with Applause like what BTW did?

I never saw a comment here in this forum yet that they become a fan coz of Applause.

It only means Applause will grow more unless it falls like a rock in the next coming weeks.

well she gained a lot of fans during the TEOG/Y&I but what was the point of it when she loosed tons of her old fans during the BTW video and Judas  :awkney:  :awkney:  :awkney:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

A Stan Was Born

Ohh alright. So like those radio deals? Does Katy's and Rihanna's labels do a lot of those, is that why their AI's are usually really high?

Those first day radio deals, station sponsored concerts, among other things.

Archived