💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

monsterhooker

Madonna revived her career with Music, and that was almost 20 years into her career. Gaga has plenty of time left to have another huge hit era, if ARTPOP turns out not to be it.

But I still have HUGE faith in this era. Applause is a #4 hit for ****'s sake. It's nothing to scoff at. And she could have a lot bigger hits in the months to come. 

me too. i think ARTPOP is gonna be the album that gets her noticed again and puts her back in the spotlight. then if ARTPOP is successful she'd be smart to release another album right after (like she did with TFM) that's fun and radio friendly but groundbreaking and imnovative. Then in a couple years she'll be on top of the world again like she was is 2010.

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pie-kun

To be honest, I would be a little concerned about spinning Applause a lot too given how quickly it started falling after the initial release and again after the video release. Hopefully now that Gaga is stabilizing in the top 5 on iTunes radio will start being more friendly towards the song.

Radio favoritism is annoying though.

Dangerous Man

Im pressed that Gaga cant have at least 120M ai while Rih and Katy can easily get 160M ai. :awkney:

:grr:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

To be honest, I would be a little concerned about spinning Applause a lot too given how quickly it started falling after the initial release and again after the video release. Hopefully now that Gaga is stabilizing in the top 5 on iTunes radio will start being more friendly towards the song.

Radio favoritism is annoying though.

Agreed. A grower is what this era should be going for.

MANiCURE1295

I'm not worried. Who cares if it's not as big as Roar? Gaga isn't katy and that's not what she should be aiming for. And honestly that's not what we should want. Gaga is her own artist and applause has been very consistent with sales and has stabilized for the time being and is still getting positive updates on radio. All we can do is wait and watch what happens.

nick4bty

I'm sorry, but Applause is selling well and streaming well. There's no excuse for its low radio airplay other than DJs not wanting to spin it. 

Just A Holy Fool

Madonna revived her career with Music, and that was almost 20 years into her career. Gaga has plenty of time left to have another huge hit era, if ARTPOP turns out not to be it.

But I still have HUGE faith in this era. Applause is a #4 hit for ****'s sake. It's nothing to scoff at. And she could have a lot bigger hits in the months to come. 

Actually, Madge revived her career with Ray of Light. But, yes... Gaga still has a lot of life left in her. She has established relevancy for years to come, even if radio is being ****y.

pie-kun

You & I went multiplatinum with terrible radio support, so she definitely doesn't need radio, but it sure would be nice. The fact that she's stabilized at #4 (soon to be #3 once Eminem falls) is fantastic, can't help thinking how it would be doing even better with more radio support.

nick4bty

Actually, Madge revived her career with Ray of Light. But, yes... Gaga still has a lot of life left in her. She has established relevancy for years to come, even if radio is being ****y.

Revived her career, absolutely, but radio-wise, Music and even Don't Tell Me were far more popular and accepted than any single on ROL. 

pie-kun

Outside of Gaga stuff, I heard Still Into You by Paramore on the radio today and loved it instantly. I'm sure they're getting crap from their fans for releasing such a pop-sounding song, but it's great and it's doing pretty well for them so far.

Dangerous Man

I said it before, Lady Gaga has to work twice as hard to get HALF as many spins as Katy or Rihanna.

true

Imo even if she tripled her efforts pop radio wont still be here for her. I believe Payola is really involve on this on why some artists can gain hundred millions of ai easily while Gaga is struggling to get that since TF era.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

nick4bty

You & I went multiplatinum with terrible radio support, so she definitely doesn't need radio, but it sure would be nice. The fact that she's stabilized at #4 (soon to be #3 once Eminem falls) is fantastic, can't help thinking how it would be doing even better with more radio support.

It'll go double platinum, no doubt, but it's hard to believe that Y&I had an easier time going Top 10 on pop than Applause seems to be having. 

But you're absolutely right. Y&I shot straight into the Top 10 after the VMAs and stayed there for over a month. Even when MTN was released it was still in the Top 40. Applause will be fine. 

APPLAUSE4YOU

Outside of Gaga stuff, I heard Still Into You by Paramore on the radio today and loved it instantly. I'm sure they're getting crap from their fans for releasing such a pop-sounding song, but it's great and it's doing pretty well for them so far.

I really like this song. :music:

nick4bty

true

Imo even if she tripled her efforts pop radio wont still be here for her. I believe Payola is really involve on this on why some artists can gain hundred millions of ai easily while Gaga is struggling to get that since TF era.

Katy makes radio hits. Gaga doesn't. It's as simple as that. 

Archived