Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Yes. This.

Honestly it realllly sounds good. I really get why Jimmy hesitated with Applause and Sex Dreams.

I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaally here for it to be the second single :')

Yeah. Jimmy is a moron I've learned from his single selections post-2010. She needs to go with her gut. She probably wouldve picked Sex Dreams if it werent for him

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freddy

Yeah. Jimmy is a moron I've learned from his single selections post-2010. She needs to go with her gut. She probably wouldve picked Sex Dreams if it werent for him

Sex Dreams was probably the comeback single Tara kept talking about (that would blow our minds away)

It really feels good that IF EVER pop radios are dropping Applause we know we have that song has a plan B  :worship:

Just A Holy Fool

He is the one that picked Alejandro

iweTeBj.gif

Freddy

He is the one that picked Alejandro

No he didnt want Alejandro, Gaga probably at that gif attitude with him and it was released as a single.

***She even tweeted : **** Alejandro sounds so good on the radio or something like that

Just A Holy Fool

No he didnt want Alejandro, Gaga probably at that gif attitude with him and it was released as a single.

I thought she wanted Dance In The Dark?

Oyemiamor

I get you may not get the references, but it would have been dragged for copying Madonna and this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

It is so far from original.

Alejandro >> DITD and Monster sorry but DITD wouldve floppppped and Monster sounds too much like Poker Face for the public not to notice.

BYE

Americano

Sex Dreams was probably the comeback single Tara kept talking about (that would blow our minds away)

It really feels good that IF EVER pop radios are dropping Applause we know we have that song has a plan B  :worship:

Yeah. Applause is doing decently but this song sounds like it couldve been new-level smashing. Much slower and easier to sing, and more relatable.. I love Applause but yea

I get you may not get the references, but it would have been dragged for copying Madonna and this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

It is so far from original.

But Gaga has had s-xy songs like HML or SHICD, so those comparisons would be fruitless

Oyemiamor

Yeah. Applause is doing decently but this song sounds like it couldve been new-level smashing. Much slower and easier to sing, and more relatable.. I love Applause but yea

But Gaga has had s-xy songs like HML or SHICD, so those comparisons would be fruitless

Umm have you heard the song I touch myself? There is no way it wouldn't get dragged for copying it even off the few lines I heard.

Even hearing that part of the song I immediately thought of it, if I can recognize a copy like that, then she is going to get it from every direction PR related

Freddy

I thought she wanted Dance In The Dark?

As far as I know her label wanted DITD and she wanted Alejandro, I could be wrong I wasnt a big fan at that time.

***And also Sex Dreams should have been the lead single since most of the public can relate to it. Radios wouldnt be hesitant to give it spins like now . As much as I like Applause talking about 'the Koons is me' , 'Pop culture was in art', and 'if only fame had an IV' arent the kind of lyrics radio programmer are 100% appreciating -_-

A Stan Was Born

Well, if it makes you guys feel better, the Kia ad actually is playing in movie theaters....

All of the songs she's playing at iTunes festival are probably possible second single choices...

monsterhooker

Hamster commercial this weekend in theaters,  i'm curious to see if that does anything.

just saw it in theaters, and i looked around to see if people were paying attention. amd everyone was. i actually thing the gp likes the song more than the fans. ive asked like 10 people and everyone agreed its her best song. and most of them dont even like gaga or her music.

Freddy

I just read the comment about Katy being the queen of pop  :sweat:

As much as I like to check charts, it's still remains only charts.

People in this thread sometimes gets too obsessed with itunes/kworb update and forget that Gaga is a huge global superstar, and that her tour grosses more than the double of other popstar right now.... and that she totally destroys other popstar in Forbes ranking. The list could go on for a long time.

nick4bty

Even if Applause is peaking on radio, at least we have a #4 peak. I still hope that it's a grower and Applause is around for awhile longer, but I also have to admit that from the looks of it, a song like Sex Dreams could be the next big hit she's been needing since 2010.

Archived