Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

JFAD VS GagaDaily: Let’s Clarify

ChromaticaBoy

Featured Posts

ChromaticaBoy

First of all, let me say that I’m not angry or mad at any of you specifically so don’t feel personally dragged by what I’m about to say.

That said, I wanted to clarify a couple of things about the ACTUAL movie (no spoilers) and what I’ve been reading on this site for the last week, since (like with every single Gaga release) a part of this website has fallen into madness.

Fyi, I’ve watched JFAD 3 times now with family and friends and I’ve really enjoyed it.

1. Stop complaining about the film if you haven’t watched it! It’s crazy to me that any LM could completely give up a piece of art where Gaga is present just because of other people’s judgement. YOUR OWN TASTE is more important TO YOU than anybody else’s!

2. Stop moaning about Gaga’s screen time! I’ve already seen people on here giving timestamps, total duration of Gaga’s performance on the film and unhinged reactions. I’m sorry, but this is all very wrong. Gaga’s performance is the ray of light in the movie. When she’s on screen she literally brings the sun to Arthur (even if she’s a baddie) and you, as the viewer, who are immersed in this dark world, feel the same warmth. She might not be on screen as much as him but the majority of the film is slow and it’s mainly trial scenes in the court. That’s mainly why she’s not as much on screen. But those minutes where she’s on screen are well spread out and it REALLY doesn’t feel like poor screen time. Also, QUALITY>>>>>>QUANTITY.

3. Stop worrying about Gaga’s career after this movie! In their career every great actor is part of at least one film that eventually fails with critics and charts. And the positive side of this is that Gaga was praised on the majority of reviews, even the bad ones. Do you realize how great this is? She’s not getting dragged with the film itself, actually it’s quite the opposite, people wanted more and that’s good. Plus, any other director or producer watching this movie won’t need to read about her on reviews because it’s very clear on screen that her performance is exceptional, not only in singing parts, but in her acting in general. She is going to come out of this film even stronger, as an actress.

4. Please stop spreading misery on here saying that JFAD not going well will impact Gaga’s own future projects.

5. Stop talking sh*t about Todd while some months ago, when the first trailer came out and it set the record for views, you were all praising him for giving Gaga such a big role. And this was pretty much the tone until Venice Premiere and the first reviews came. Criticism is ok of course but some comments… wow, touch some grass.

I had to get this off of my chest because there is so much misunderstanding on here these days… Feel free to disagree with me on what I wrote, but if there’s one thing you should get away with is, make you own opinion about art. So if you haven’t, don’t hesistate, go out and watch this movie. And then you’ll decide what you think of it. Sometimes it’s very easy to get influenced by comments on here… I see that on myself as well. And I’m sure we’re all in good faith since we’re all here cheering for Miss Lady Gugu Gargoyle, but let’s try to keep it positive while we wait for her next big thing aka LG7.

Lady Gaga Dc GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Edited by ChromaticaBoy
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 6

What bothers me the most about the whole thing that's happening with this film its how people started turning their backs on Todd Philips, calling him a hack and a bad director the moment he didn't gave the audience what they wanted. The movie is so well shot, so well acted and scripted... Todd clearly knew what he wanted to do, but its the creative risks he took what bothers most people, who don't know how to differentiate a genuinely bad movie from a movie they didn't like. 

Also, i think people's inability to admit something just isn't their cup of tea is what's truly damaging this movie's reputation. You have people left and right calling this film the worst thing in existence when that's just not true. It's an overexaggeration... like, i get people might disagree with the choices they made, but acting like the film is the worst sequel ever made and to root for its failure its a bit too much. Then, they complain when we get souless corporate crap made by commitee and wonder why Hollywood isn't trying anymore to do anything bold, risky, artistic or audacious.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

RenegAde

I appreciate your post but people are entitled to feel a bit disappointed about the amount of screen time or lack thereof and with good reason. Because It's not just about the lack of screentime but the underutilisation of her acting and character within the plot.

If professional critics are noting gagas absence as disappointing then imagine how actual die hard fans would feel especially given how it was promoted and we don't necessarily need to see the movie for these feelings to be validated. That's whtb reveiws are for afterall. To tell us what is worth spending our money on.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 1

Helxig

I've been pretty critical of the film on here but I have to agree with every one of those points :golfclap:

The one thing I will say though in regards to her screentime, is that I'm not upset that Gaga didn't get her screentime blah blah blah, I just think they could've used more time and more scenes to flesh out and develop her character more. Or to show her story happening alongside his. Her character felt quite brushed over and like they just gave random info dumps through dialogue rather than really showing us how and why her character is developing. While at the same time other scenes felt so long and unnecessarily stretched out. I wish we were made to care more about her rather than her kinda feeling like a side character

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 2

NATAH

it's the dramatics that are ridiculous :icant: "how can she recover?" "she needs to stop making movies for a while" "is this going to hurt LG7?" like come on... :icant:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Nite

It's funny because nobody is saying Joaquin should be taking a break from making movies, Eddington is coming out next year and it's apparently a black comedy set during Covid :huntyga:

• Like 1

4BLAiNE

I understand the sentiment here but it’s important also to realise that this is a forum space and that in its very nature is meant to allow respectful conversation to occur ❤️ 

• Like 1

MOT

People are entitled to dislike the movie and to be disappointed with Gaga's screen time, but the 'hurting her career' stuff is just nonsense. How can your career be hurt by a movie in which your performance is praised by everyone who sees it ? The words used to describe her performance have ranged from 'good' to 'electrifying', I genuinely haven't seen anything worse than 'good'.

So I've explained, as have others already in this thread, and probably as will a few more, but I know we might as well be talking to the wall.

• Like 2

ChromaticaBoy
31 minutes ago, 4BLAiNE said:

I understand the sentiment here but it’s important also to realise that this is a forum space and that in its very nature is meant to allow respectful conversation to occur ❤️ 

I agree. And I’m not against it of course. In this cloud of negativity I’m throwing in my point of view on this unnecessary drama, since reality is far from what is being outlined on here. :hug:

Roughhouse Dandy

I'll never understand how a fansite can be just as negative if not more negative/unsupportive towards her projects than the general public. 

Like what's the reasoning of creating whole threads where the obvious purpose is to neg something unproblematic she's involved with? Swifties would never. So why do some of the little complainers? Why spread that negativity? What is that helping? We get enough of that from outside sources. It feels like weird sadomasochism. 

Between that and the anti-black sentiment that pops up every now and then I second guess coming on here sometimes. 

Edited by Roughhouse Dandy
This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Magic Mike

I completely agree. It doesn’t feel bad to be in the minority, but it’s definitely a difficult place to be. Surely in a few years, the film will be re-evaluated with a different perspective… perhaps after a new Trump presidency :/ 

ChromaticaBoy
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

I appreciate your post but people are entitled to feel a bit disappointed about the amount of screen time or lack thereof and with good reason. Because It's not just about the lack of screentime but the underutilisation of her acting and character within the plot.

If professional critics are noting gagas absence as disappointing then imagine how actual die hard fans would feel especially given how it was promoted and we don't necessarily need to see the movie for these feelings to be validated. That's whtb reveiws are for afterall. To tell us what is worth spending our money on.

Thank you for your message! I believe when it comes to music, films, art in general, it’s important to always mantain a critical mind and not let others decide for you what you might like or not. You can always have surprises. After all it’s, what, 10 bucks for a ticket?

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, Ayden said:

The movie is so well shot, so well acted and scripted... Todd clearly knew what he wanted to do, but its the creative risks he took what bothers most people, who don't know how to differentiate a genuinely bad movie from a movie they didn't like. 

Also, i think people's inability to admit something just isn't their cup of tea is what's truly damaging this movie's reputation. You have people left and right calling this film the worst thing in existence when that's just not true. It's an overexaggeration... like, i get people might disagree with the choices they made, but acting like the film is the worst sequel ever made and to root for its failure its a bit too much.

Thank you! The movie has many qualities so acting as if it was glitter + the crazy angle of attacks show some people just WANT to hate it...

Are they straight basic bros afraid to look gay if they don't poop on musicals?

Now these same guys would have had the same performative hatred for Gaga but now they deal with her way better. 😎 

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, 4BLAiNE said:

respectful

Keyword that some are glossing over

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.