💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

2013 MTV Video Music Awards (PERFORMANCE/RED CARPET VIDEO)

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

Babel

Gaga winning the GP with her ass when will your faves

Tara was right: "Put your cheeks out, make 'em touch" :clap:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterOfSpain

• MJ Holland

• My Little Phoney

• blahblahblahhhh

MessyTop

Miley Cyrus makes Lady Gaga look tame at VMAs

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/entertainment/music/lady_gaga_changes_wardrobe_four_sB8HA3pALF1iI4NmfK8z0H

WireImage for MTV

Lady Gaga strips down to a bikni during her song "Applause" to open the VMAs.

Miley Cyrus made Lady Gaga look surprisingly tame as the pop stars opened the MTV Video Music Awards.

Gaga changed costumes four times Sunday night during her first return to the stage since hip surgery as she performed her new single "Applause." It was a predictably unpredictable appearance for Gaga, who seemed to pump in boos over the sound system as she opened the song in a white nun's habit and square headdress. By the time she finished the song, she was surrounded by unitard-clad male dancers and wearing a thong bikini decorated in shells and a long blonde wig.

PHOTOS: MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS

Cyrus immediately kicked things up well beyond provocative, however, as she appeared on stage with a multitude of dancing teddy bears in a bodysuit adorned with a cartoon character. She twerked, changed into a nude bikini, ran a fan's foam finger along her privates as Robin Thicke appeared on stage to perform "Blurred Lines," then gave the singer a lap dance.

"Miley better go get a pregnancy test after all that grinding," Kevin Hart joked afterward.

Oh ok, I am confused about what the FCC has control over now that there is no such thing as television accessible to anyone with an antenna. I thought broadcast television was lumped in with cable tv now.

There's still plenty of free TV over antenna. Analog (NTSC) has been shut down, but digital (ATSC) carries on. Anything built today that calls itself a TV has to be able to receive OTA ATSC, too.

The FCC does have some control over cable -- not in terms of the content, but for instance they regulate how cable companies can use copy prevention. I can't say I thoroughly understand this myself.

Creyk

Why are we ignoring the fact that more than half of the actual singing came from a playback?

Like, come on! Sure she danced but I would have liked to hear her belt out that chorus like a pro....I guess it's never gonna happen.

Dayman

Guys Perez actually gave a good review about her performance.

"Starting off in an avant-garde milk carton look, Lady GaGa brought her signature weird to the VMA stage Sunday night with a medley of looks demanding Applause.

Once she stripped from her all-white, head-to-toe milk piece, GaGa danced like the black swan in a black, glittering, one-piece suit that was soon layered with an equally shimmering blue blazer and skirt.

And then, just like magic (and the speedy hands of back-up dancers), GaGa donned a wig a la Just Dance and paid homage to the beginning of her mainstream career.

Soon she'd strip again, back down to the sparkling suit to convey the feel for her next look  the classic yellow blonde Telephone wig.

A timeline of her career already?

But the ghosts of GaGa past finally bowed as the fashion of GaGa present arrived in the form of her sea-shelled mermaid look from the Applause video  voluminous hair and all.

Did the self-gifted style tribute work for U?"

Huh. I wonder if he is trying to make amends, it's strange he didn't go after her for it...

Innovative

Huh. I wonder if he is trying to make amends, it's strange he didn't go after her for it...

Check his twitter, he bashed her all night

Dayman

Check his twitter, he bashed her all night

Yeah. But why not in his blog post? It actually verges on being positive rather than negative.

SKANK

There's still plenty of free TV over antenna. Analog (NTSC) has been shut down, but digital (ATSC) carries on. Anything built today that calls itself a TV has to be able to receive OTA ATSC, too.

The FCC does have some control over cable -- not in terms of the content, but for instance they regulate how cable companies can use copy prevention. I can't say I thoroughly understand this myself.

Interesting, thanks for clearing that up.

Bellatrix

Guys Perez actually gave a good review about her performance.

"Starting off in an avant-garde milk carton look, Lady GaGa brought her signature weird to the VMA stage Sunday night with a medley of looks demanding Applause.

Once she stripped from her all-white, head-to-toe milk piece, GaGa danced like the black swan in a black, glittering, one-piece suit that was soon layered with an equally shimmering blue blazer and skirt.

And then, just like magic (and the speedy hands of back-up dancers), GaGa donned a wig a la Just Dance and paid homage to the beginning of her mainstream career.

Soon she'd strip again, back down to the sparkling suit to convey the feel for her next look  the classic yellow blonde Telephone wig.

A timeline of her career already?

But the ghosts of GaGa past finally bowed as the fashion of GaGa present arrived in the form of her sea-shelled mermaid look from the Applause video  voluminous hair and all.

Did the self-gifted style tribute work for U?"

I don't think it's a "good" review, not a bad one either. Just a description of the performance since he doesn't say what he thinks.

MessyTop

I don't think it's a "good" review, not a bad one either. Just a description of the performance since he doesn't say what he thinks.

He didn't trash her. He was partial.

The reactions are incredible on twitter, I see a lot of praise, even from notable haters like: https://twitter.com/iKatyCats , (someone who made fun of Jamey...), lots of people are praising the performance, the dancing, her body, many things from it, and other than JT, all the other performances are being drowned!

Watching the performance back, it's crazy just how much could have gone wrong with this performance...outfits could've not been put on or taken off in time and could've messed up her entire timing, Gaga could've dropped the ball, the guy who caught it could've dropped it, the WIGS could have fallen off...I can't believe how well she and her team pulled this off, you can definitely tell that they worked HARD for a long time on this, and it was fantastic! Can't stop re-watching, it gets better every time!

• Shadow locked this topic