💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2013 MTV Video Music Awards (PERFORMANCE/RED CARPET VIDEO)

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

DirtyIceCream

:fan: Joseph Gordon Levitt wants to smush GaGa tbh:21a9xms.png

Edited by DirtyIceCream

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterOfSpain

• MJ Holland

• My Little Phoney

• blahblahblahhhh

Whiskey Mouth

Why did Gaga said that the opening was the BTW part? For the booing? :toofloppy:

I'm not getting the reference, lol

tumblr_inline_ms4e9gqavO1qz4rgp.jpg

SKANK

little-edie-awful-gang-o.gif

The song Applause underwhelmed me, the music video for Applause underwhelmed me, and the VMA performance of Applause underwhelmed me. No matter how many Koon's balls you throw in my face Applause will always be boring. That being said, even when Gaga isn't at her best she is still a show stopper and clearly provided the best performance of the night.

She once again proved herself to be a true show girl with that theatric, crazy, and beautiful intro. That was rad as hell. And I didn't realize how much I missed seeing her in a cheap blonde bob till it was slapped on her head. The Little Edie look was awesome, her dancing was great...it just didn't live up to her previous VMA performances. 

Her non-stage outfits were wack though. What was with the dour goth bridal gown on the red carpet? And the fact that she stayed in her Birth of Venus outfit the whole show was a really big bummer.

6/10 - 5 for the intro, 1 for the ass.

Edited by SKANK

ChavaWM

Anyone else notice she walked into that leaf and fell it down while she was coming out as SeashallGa

I loved it though, vocals were on point

So excited even more for this era

Oyemiamor

The song Applause underwhelmed me, the music video for Applause underwhelmed me, and the VMA performance of Applause underwhelmed me. No matter how many Koon's balls you throw in my face Applause will always be boring. That being said, even when Gaga isn't at her best she is still a show stopper and clearly provided the best performance of the night.

She once again proved herself to be a true show girl with that theatric, crazy, and beautiful intro. That was rad as hell. And I didn't realize how much I missed seeing her in a cheap blonde bob till it was slapped on her head. The Little Edie look was awesome, her dancing was great...it just didn't live up to her previous VMA performances. 

Her non-stage outfits were wack though. What was with the dour goth bridal gown on the red carpet? And the fact that she stayed in her Birth of Venus outfit the whole show was a really big bummer.

Everything is mediocre. What isn't?

aquaprincess

sorry for the people that didnt like gagas performance but i enjoyed it. i even enjoyed her staying in her shell getup while in the audience. 

Haha! I agree with this rating completely.

I guess I didn't realize how lame the VMA's are. I wasn't super impressed with her performance, but it actually did end up being one of the better and more memorable performances of the night. I guess I should've set my standards for the entire show a lot lower. I'm pretty sure Miley's performance is going to be what everyone talks about, but for all the wrong reasons. Lol.

I've seen a lot of people say they don't understand how the beginning was the BTW reference. I think the booing was it, and it was referencing the criticism she received during that era. She was highly praised during The Fame and especially TFM, and I think BTW was the first time she experienced a fair bit of negativity in her career. So I believe that's where the reference lies.

the song, mv, and the vma performance are all underwhelming at first, but all the of them are grower 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

SKANK

And can we talk about the censoring?

They bleeped the word n*gger but not the word f*ggot, they bleeped the word molly but not the word b---h. The FCC is a ****ing joke. 

Edited by SKANK

BRANDONJ93

Justin timberlake stole the show

Gagas performance wag 2nd best tho

Katys was wack

Miley.... smh

macklemore and bruno were good.

TheKunstIsMe

The performance was great. The tribute aspect threw me off in the beginning because it makes it feel like something we had already seen, but she was really into it and delivered a better performance than any of her rivals could do. Looking forward to the next live performances.

Zilla

Haha! I agree with this rating completely.

I guess I didn't realize how lame the VMA's are. I wasn't super impressed with her performance, but it actually did end up being one of the better and more memorable performances of the night. I guess I should've set my standards for the entire show a lot lower. I'm pretty sure Miley's performance is going to be what everyone talks about, but for all the wrong reasons. Lol.

I've seen a lot of people say they don't understand how the beginning was the BTW reference. I think the booing was it, and it was referencing the criticism she received during that era. She was highly praised during The Fame and especially TFM, and I think BTW was the first time she experienced a fair bit of negativity in her career. So I believe that's where the reference lies.

The way I look at, as you said the booing was the BTW era and the blank canvas was like "I'm starting over, goodbye BTW" kinda thing. Like BTW wasn't her best era (although it was semi-successful in numbers). 

--

It is a "grower" performance. I watched it the first time as I said before and was underwhelmed, but the second time I fell in love. It's relatively easy to pick up the symbolism, and although it wasn't as physically demanding as what was predicted was a success and the GP loved it.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

• Shadow locked this topic