• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haus

• AgusPop

• urigaga

• monketsharona

Gaga is doing GREAT! People cannot stand this woman and look at her.. she's #4! This is great news and I am so happy with Applause. It is a love letter to monsters! I am astonished at how well she knows her fan base. This song is perfection.

ryhanna

I know a lot has changed since then, but didn't Bad Romance debut at the latter end of the top 10 in the US? Just pointing out, that a shaky start on the charts doesn't necessarily mean that things can't turn around. Especially when there's a music video coming in a couple of days, and a major performance the week after.

I feel like people are being far too negative about the lukewarm debut of Applause. Give it some time.

The true test of this song will come after The official radio deals, music video, and vmas.

I expect a pleasant second week (which truthfully should have been its first week and wouldnt have to compete as hard with ROAR)

Gaga is known for her Videos, and her VMA performances just as well as the music itself. 

If she stuns and has the grand ideas that we are  all hoping she had time to nest over the past 6 months then there is no need to sweat its success.

Keep calm and ride out the first week of "rushed release" results. You cant exactly say you are surprised considering the circumstances. 

Take Katy Perrys Vevo views and likes vs Gagas Applause audio and Lyrics video into consideration. Gaga has surpassed her with that and I expect once its more accessible with radio and promotion its going to do good things. 

Now there is the tea  :tea:  Be careful its hot ;)

:tea:

DrewStevens

Applause isn't a flop. Everybody that says that Applause is a flop is recognizing that Gaga is really big so a #2 / #3 is not enough.

I remember when I first listened to The Fame, way before Gaga became big. I thought it was so weird and deleted it off my itunes. When it got played all over the radio, I warmed up to it and fell in love. It was so different than anything I had ever heard, so I had to be patient and get used to its own peculiar weirdness before I could enjoy it. Now, those songs don't sound weird at all! She changed pop music, and now anything that DOESN'T sound like Gaga seems pretty weird for a pop song.

I feel the same thing happening with Applause. I liked it at first, although it was strange, but I wasn't in love. I thought the refrains were just throwaways and were super weird, and the chorus was great, but not catchy enough for me to remember. But after letting it settle in for almost a week now and getting used to the song's weirdness, I appreciate it so much and am absolutely in love. The "throwaway refrains" are my favorite part of the song and I can't stop singing them. And this song sounds completely different than anything else I've listened to. That was a bad thing when I first listened and a wonderful thing now.

I think that she really is coming from a very similar place as she was when she made The Fame. No one wants to give her a chance, and the song is a grower, like Just Dance was, and it will slowly climb up the charts and take over the world. (Although of course, Applause IS already pretty darn high on the charts. But it'll be number one when people let the song sink in and forget their conceptions of Gaga and her music.) 

I can't wait until the rest of the world gets to the same point that I'm at, where this song is just pure bliss and the oddness of the song seems like the most natural thing in the world. People will get there. Give them time. Anything that people accept right away with open arms is not true artistry. Real art shocks and changes and makes people change to accept the art, rather than changing the art for people to accept it. It'll happen. I know it.

:clap: putting my hand up, makin'em touch

Staup! This whole thread is a hot mess. Anyone here complaining about the position of this early release song needs to go over to AfterLD to the Xtina forum to see what flopping looks like. At least you are getting music Gaga really cares about, videos, photo shoots, promotions, upcoming performances, tweets, leaks of flawless things like Aura, an upcoming movie, VMA performance, radio interviews, weird **** from Marina A, truths about her life, contests, content, the list goes on and on and on. We are very lucky to be stanning for such prolific and talented pop star, that even when faced with hatred from every angle, from every jealous fan base, she still owns the globe, without promo. I am excited for this era, so excited I can't fooking see straight.

Reality check b---hes, haters, in the upper right is your log out button, so I suggest you click it then head back to whatever fan base flopping cesspool sludge hole you slithered out from because you are not welcome or needed here. Leave and take your snail trails with you. Yall are pressed harder than a cheap silk blouse at a roach infested dry cleaners.

Lady Gaga eats Paninis less pressed than you.

TLcWlw7.jpg

Bellatrix

Staup! This whole thread is a hot mess. Anyone here complaining about the position of this early release song needs to go over to AfterLD to the Xtina forum to see what flopping looks like. At least you are getting music Gaga really cares about, videos, photo shoots, promotions, upcoming performances, tweets, leaks of flawless things like Aura, an upcoming movie, VMA performance, radio interviews, weird **** from Marina A, truths about her life, contests, content, the list goes on and on and on. We are very lucky to be stanning for such prolific and talented pop star, that even when faced with hatred from every angle, from every jealous fan base, she still owns the globe, without promo. I am excited for this era, so excited I can't fooking see straight.

Reality check b---hes, haters, in the upper right is your log out button, so I suggest you click it then head back to whatever fan base flopping cesspool sludge hole you slithered out from because you are not welcome or needed here. Leave and take your snail trails with you. Yall are pressed harder than a cheap silk blouse at a roach infested dry cleaners.

TLcWlw7.jpg

:tea: :clap:

BangTheGong

How likely is it that everybody will buy it tomorrow after they hear it at the club tonight? Going out tonight hoping to hear it on the dance floor!

Epione

TLcWlw7.jpg

:clap:  :emo:  :clap:

LStephens11

Also we shouldn't be bummed that Gaga got knocked down to #4 by Luke Bryan.  He's HUGE in country music right now.  Just won Entertainer of the Year at the ACMs and also just released his album this past week.  Hopefully Gaga will get the GP back after the VMAs and such.  But that's a big maybe.  Still optimistic.  :party:

LUKE BRYAN <3 My husband.