Applause iTunes Thread

Haus

Featured Posts

Bellatrix

omg I had no idea just how embarrassingly hard this song was going to flop

v

Everybody

Calm_down.gif

Remember that the song was rush released! Not everyone knows Applause is out yet. The music video comes on Monday, and the original promo plan will also start by then. Then we have the VMA performance and after that lots of TV performances and interviews. It will get better. Just have faith in Gaga and her team. They know what they're doing.

Edited by Fred Fernando

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haus

• AgusPop

• urigaga

• monketsharona

MonsterMarty

omg I had no idea just how embarrassingly hard this song was going to flop

I love it when you Ooh La La  :toofloppy:

i Love the Lady

Didn't Diamonds fall to something around 14 for a couple weeks after the release and then rise to one again?

What worries me now, that media will tear her to pieces of if she debuts on Bilboard with lower position than 3 (new headline, pop icon declines), she will already go to VMAs with the label of loser in advance, that will not help to rise up Applause. Hopefully I am mistaken.

SEANGT

I feel like the difference between bad romance, diamonds, every other example of a song going down then going back up, is that people expect more from gaga (now) and can't wait to tear her down. I feel like people will hear she isn't at the top of the charts and just not buy her song because...idk. I am sensing so much bad attitude towards gaga these days. 

I don't care though I just want the music, the app, the performances, ahhh! so excited ^_^

Edited by SEANGT

I remember when I first listened to The Fame, way before Gaga became big. I thought it was so weird and deleted it off my itunes. When it got played all over the radio, I warmed up to it and fell in love. It was so different than anything I had ever heard, so I had to be patient and get used to its own peculiar weirdness before I could enjoy it. Now, those songs don't sound weird at all! She changed pop music, and now anything that DOESN'T sound like Gaga seems pretty weird for a pop song.

I feel the same thing happening with Applause. I liked it at first, although it was strange, but I wasn't in love. I thought the refrains were just throwaways and were super weird, and the chorus was great, but not catchy enough for me to remember. But after letting it settle in for almost a week now and getting used to the song's weirdness, I appreciate it so much and am absolutely in love. The "throwaway refrains" are my favorite part of the song and I can't stop singing them. And this song sounds completely different than anything else I've listened to. That was a bad thing when I first listened and a wonderful thing now.

I think that she really is coming from a very similar place as she was when she made The Fame. No one wants to give her a chance, and the song is a grower, like Just Dance was, and it will slowly climb up the charts and take over the world. (Although of course, Applause IS already pretty darn high on the charts. But it'll be number one when people let the song sink in and forget their conceptions of Gaga and her music.) 

I can't wait until the rest of the world gets to the same point that I'm at, where this song is just pure bliss and the oddness of the song seems like the most natural thing in the world. People will get there. Give them time. Anything that people accept right away with open arms is not true artistry. Real art shocks and changes and makes people change to accept the art, rather than changing the art for people to accept it. It'll happen. I know it.

DanceInTheFlames

How about this

1. Applause hasn't even been played on the radio regularly so that's still pretty good

2. She still got asked to headline the itunes music festival

3. She still got asked to perform at the VMAs

4. GMA is premiering her video live 

5. People are still posting about every little thing she does in the media 

If she's "flopping" she sure has a funny way of doing it......... 

Plus less fans means less people at the tour and easier to get to the front. So that works for me. If the GP doesn't see what we see in her and would rather listen to average, typical pop music. Be my guest.

Edited by DanceInTheFlames

mwjuell91

I remember when I first listened to The Fame, way before Gaga became big. I thought it was so weird and deleted it off my itunes. When it got played all over the radio, I warmed up to it and fell in love. It was so different than anything I had ever heard, so I had to be patient and get used to its own peculiar weirdness before I could enjoy it. Now, those songs don't sound weird at all! She changed pop music, and now anything that DOESN'T sound like Gaga seems pretty weird for a pop song.

I feel the same thing happening with Applause. I liked it at first, although it was strange, but I wasn't in love. I thought the refrains were just throwaways and were super weird, and the chorus was great, but not catchy enough for me to remember. But after letting it settle in for almost a week now and getting used to the song's weirdness, I appreciate it so much and am absolutely in love. The "throwaway refrains" are my favorite part of the song and I can't stop singing them. And this song sounds completely different than anything else I've listened to. That was a bad thing when I first listened and a wonderful thing now.

I think that she really is coming from a very similar place as she was when she made The Fame. No one wants to give her a chance, and the song is a grower, like Just Dance was, and it will slowly climb up the charts and take over the world. (Although of course, Applause IS already pretty darn high on the charts. But it'll be number one when people let the song sink in and forget their conceptions of Gaga and her music.) 

I can't wait until the rest of the world gets to the same point that I'm at, where this song is just pure bliss and the oddness of the song seems like the most natural thing in the world. People will get there. Give them time. Anything that people accept right away with open arms is not true artistry. Real art shocks and changes and makes people change to accept the art, rather than changing the art for people to accept it. It'll happen. I know it.

Post of the era :clap: (applause)

#4???

tumblr_m3b44uWUbW1rr617lo1_400.gif

You do realize that the GP doesn't even know the song is out, right?

Apple for me, apple for you.