💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

First 'Applause' review!

Glow

Featured Posts

The first review of the FULL "Applause" has been published!

http://martiantv.com/?p=3402

From the review:

It’s hard to follow up a power anthem like Katy Perry’s new single “Roar.†Luckily, Lady Gaga has some wickedly theatrical vocals and a dream production team behind her.

“Applause†is not quite the followup you’d expect after the massive success of her previous first singles, “Bad Romance†and “Born This Way.†This song is actually rather mute in comparison. Still, this song says a lot about what could be coming from ARTPOP. This song is far more experimental, lyrically and instrumentally, than anything else on the radio. It almost sounds like a song you’d hear from Roisin Murphy or Kelis, but would never gain the popularity it deserves. Of course, since it’s Gaga that won’t be a problem.

Back to Gaga’s theatrical vocals, the verses are rather beautiful. Instead of typical polished pop princess vocals, Gaga kicks up the dramatics and delivers in a way you’d expect an actor to during a musical. At first it was kind of unnerving, but the way her voice wobbles as she sings “I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong,†grew to be one of my favorite parts of the song. She mimics this during the second verse also. Of course, the dramatic wobble effect isn’t nearly as much as Gaga shouting, “Put your hands up, make em touch! Make it real now!† or “Give me that thing that I love, turn the lights on!â€

Musically, the song actually has a rather retro feel. If I could relate it to anything, it’d be an old school Nintendo or Sega Genesis game, but sprinkled with today’s production tricks. The clubs will eat this song alive. The way the beat robotically thuds under her vocals the earworm that will get this song stuck in your brain.

Radio? That’s a tricky one. Radio will either embrace is, or drop it as soon as the radio deal fizzles like Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Lovin.â€

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

Radio won't drop Gaga as hard as Madonna

Madonna was a 50+ year old woman who's music wasnt being played on radio since 2003

No comparison.

to a 7 second snippet?  :awkney:

EDIT: WAIT they heard the full song??  :shocked:

Yep! It was sent to them. :)

LordDisick

wait,are they comparing it to GMAYL, or are they just saying they might not play it like the radios did with GMAYL

Redstreak

curiouser and curiouser.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

wait,are they comparing it to GMAYL, or are they just saying they might not play it like the radios did with GMAYL

The second  :) thankfully 

GreenEyes

Radio won't drop Gaga as hard as Madonna

Madonna was a 50+ year old woman who's music wasnt being played on radio since 2003

No comparison.

No her last huge hit was Hung Up and i'm pretty sure that was 05 :) just saying, haha. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived