Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Tweets New Lyrics (8/8)

Doogi

Featured Posts

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JanPianoMusic

It has certainly gotten me curious to see what this song is going to sound like! These are a bit odd

You will never please everyone.

MegaMiles

After reading these lyrics over again and what people here are saying, I LOVE THEM! :legend:

Its like saying she doesn't give a f**k about the critics comparing her to Madonna, Bowie, etc. Those are her influences, people she likes to "read." Their "theory" is that she is unoriginal but she is embracing the nostalgia or past works of others. She kinda channels them into her own work.

She doesn't care about the critics, she wants OUR applause.

scottbuch

nostalgia: A sentimental longing for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.

this is her response to being dragged by critics for drawing inspiration from past greats in her sound. the lyrics are an a--logy; she's saying well, if nostalgia is for geeks, then i like to read.

ThomastheMonster

Wow, I agree with whoever said that these lyrics are very tounge in cheek, ironic, and poking fun at herself and it being about her refrencing artists of the past. I think she wanted to be kind of shady without being immature so it seems really subtle. I imagine that that is the birdge and the gong and the critic part is the verses. The I.V part is probably the intro and I imagine it to be in the same layout as  Aura, and the same speak/sing/ in the verses like Aura. 

Dylangaga

in b4 none of the lyrics so far are applause lyrics

besides "give me that thing that you love put your hands up, make em touch"

Willy Wonka

Part/all of this song will be a rap, I'm calling it. Quote me on it. :coffee:

Applause ft. Slayzealia Banks

superman

haha i have i no idea of what to expect from the song!buts thats the amazing thing with gaga:)you never expect her next music move.i mean who would predict the sounds of btw after fame monster!

but what surprises me more is ppl not knowing the word nostalgia!

she's saying well, if nostalgia is for geeks, then i like to read.

YES! This is perfect, I was struggling to tie in the "some of us like to read" bit but the way you've explained it is wonderful! I agree :)

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived