💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard to address ARTPOP sales today

Featured Posts

hausofchad

In app purchases of songs off of ARTPOP will be bought via iTunes or Google Play just like anything else. However Billboard get's the information on single sells from iTunes and Google Play will work the same way for this. It's exactly the same. Exactly. It's just you are using a link in an app. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. EVER. But that's Madonna fans for you.  :reductive:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEANGT

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but do you mean to tell me that somebody created a website solely to hate on Gaga and her fans?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

haha yupppp. I'm pretty sure that site has been around for a long time too. 

BornSimon

Billboard sadly had to pay attention to these idiots, because they spread a ****load of **** and negativity and personally, I'm very sick of it, so if they can shut them up and embarrass them I'm well up for it.

okay that's completely made up we don't know how in-app sales will work. Except we do, because the only way to do it is to just link to Google Play/iTunes from the app. So you buy the music there and then the app will access the files. You will buy the music at a music store like always. There's literally NOTHING confusing about tracking the sales. It's the same as it's always been. 

Duh, I know that, I just said that's the issue they are going to talk about since Perez and others are claiming that.... No need to be rude or b---hy. That user was talking about the free app, but they are going to address buying the music because of these stupid accusations

The stuff about the lead single is real though, that is confusing, in the past singles lost a lot of sales when people chose the 'complete my album' option, because at that moment it changes into an album sale and that sale is no longer a single sale. Artists had negative download results in some weeks. I'm curious to find out if that's still the case

In app purchases of songs off of ARTPOP will be bought via iTunes or Google Play just like anything else. However Billboard get's the information on single sells from iTunes and Google Play will work the same way for this. It's exactly the same. Exactly. It's just you are using a link in an app. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. EVER. But that's Madonna fans for you.  :reductive:

Can't blame them for being out-of-touch with current technology :reductive:

ooooooops

haha yupppp. I'm pretty sure that site has been around for a long time too. 

That is seriously SO weird. And not just because it's Gaga; it could be my least favorite artist (whoever that is) and I'd still think it was absurd that somebody would go to such great lengths. I, like... I can't even articulate how ridiculous this entire situation is haha

MANiCURE1295

Im actually really interested to see how this will all work out. I guarantee that they've already talked about it and have very fine details laid down to count "sales" of the app and album.

mpthecat

That b---h is really pressed and it's really getting tiring to see him try to drag Gaga down. Annoying as fck. 

fa61574276979df0239861633512257e0c7c866.

Either way, he is giving her free promo even if it's bad. 

SEANGT

Duh, I know that, I just said that's the issue they are going to talk about since Perez and others are claiming that.... No need to be rude or b---hy when you don't read it well enough causing you to misunderstand. That user was talking about the free app, but they are going to address buying the music

The stuff about the lead single is real though, that is confusing, in the past singles lost a lot of sales when people chose the 'complete my album' option, because at that moment it changes into an album sale and that sale is no longer a single sale. Artists had negative download results in some weeks. I'm curious to find out if that's still the case

I'm sorry I did not mean to direct my frustration at you. I don't think you are dumb or anything at all! Just responding to the situation.  :hug:

As far as complete my album goes I don't see how that's relevant to ARTPOP specifically either. if they change it to an album sale then they change it to an album sale. negative single sales can happen that way....apparently they have been happening. Does it matter?  :confused:

Pierre

The app is free but you have to pay por the music, if you are going to buy music in the app. Right?  :shrug: 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

hausofchad

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this one, but do you mean to tell me that somebody created a website solely to hate on Gaga and her fans?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

it's been around for a while...it's just a madonna fan's page where the entire thing is showing how fake and evil and bad gaga is and how perfect madonna and britney are...it's quite pathetic really.  Our Queen teaches us to love one another (even Madonna fans if it's hard sometimes)...where their Queen teaches them to be awful to other people and be extremely disrespectful.  It's truly hard for me to respect Madonna anymore. I think she is icon and has been such an important influence on pop music (and gaga would agree), but she's just so JEALOUS and CONCEITED that she's become delusional in her little world.  I hate to see these fan wars...because I'm never going to be mean to a Madonna fan...but they're mean because their queen shows them how to be mean...that's why it's hard for me to respect her anymore.

garrettgivre

This is all so petty and pathetic.   :laughga:

Glad billboard will sort all it out.

Stephen

I'm on a Madonna forum and they are all flipping tits and I can't help but laugh :lmao:

Omg please post screenshots :toofunny:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived