Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicola Formichetti Gives Up Lady Gaga for Uniqlo

Bt1

Featured Posts

So much news. :))

Source : http://racked.com/archives/2013/07/30/nicola-formichetti-gives-up-lady-gaga-for-uniqlo.php

formichetti%20gaga%20073013-thumb.jpg

Important fashion announcement: Nicola Formichetti, man of a thousand creative directorships, now has one less to his résumé. The stylist has officially left the Haus of Gaga to concentrate more fully on his gigs as the creative fashion director of Uniqlo and the artistic director of Diesel.

But he had to give up Lady Gaga. "I cannot do it every day," says Formichetti. "She changes 12 times a day; it's insane." Formichetti's former assistant, Brandon Maxwell, is taking the styling reins. "I've done two albums with her, it's been like five years," says Formichetti. "She's going to be my BFF forever."

Formichetti was in Tokyo to promote the launch of a new silk and cashmere collection. Details on that are scant in Women's Wear Daily's story, but he says working with ex-Issey Miyake and Helmut Lang designer Naoki Takizawa has been great:

"I work really closely [with Uniqlo's design director Naoki Takizawa] now on the collection. He's been great  it's getting more fun and really enjoyable, because I love working with Japanese people."

 Jenna Sauers

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logan

Glad it's on good terms. Can't imagine how stressful it would be to work for Gaga. 

lairofhk

His time was up more or less. But honestly, Gaga should change at least 8 times fewer per day. Just for the sake of her own sanity. Lol.

Weasel

Oh thank god for the BFF part, I thought they were having some huge fight or something, it's nice to see a relationship end without a fight 

WarriorPrince

He was great. But i see his point and i'm glad they are still close friends.

RAMROD

Best of luck Nicola.

Happy to know you soar higher and higher now :clap:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

He hasn't personally styled her for a long time now, he wasn't with her the duration of the Born This Way Ball so pretty much everything you've seen from 2012 up until now has been Brandon styling her. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived