Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

PHOTO: 'Applause' single cover revealed!

Danny

Featured Posts

jhonyguy04

The makeup, including her tears and miscellaneous yellow smudge, are absolutely identical.

:dies:

It's photoshopped. #scalded

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mars

• Sexxx

• Bitter

• The Stranger

Top Posters In This Topic

Gatlyn

That's because somebody photoshopped it. Here is the original image:

2009062190bjork_art.jpg

The desperation to slam Gaga these days. :toofunga: Ain't nobody gonna ruin this era for Gaga!

Pierre

Gaga just posted the full single cover in HQ.

BQTnZo-CMAAEGvY.jpg

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

jhonyguy04

The desperation to slam Gaga these days. :toofunga: Ain't nobody gonna ruin this era for Gaga!

They tried the same thing w the white mask. They photoshopped it on Madonna.

Zilla

tumblr_inline_mqof6rozNp1qgyrpe.jpg

I suggest you stop trolling

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

MegaMiles

Very unexpected. I'm pleased with it.

Kinda silly how people say "OMG so artistic!" just because she has paint on her face

Art lies in the eyes of the beholder. Like Pollock. All he does is splatter paint and he's famous when I don't care too much for it.

Guest TheNextOne

It's beautiful, not what I expected at all.  :nooo:

I have to admit, when I first heard about the cover being a Pierrot, I thought it was going to be terrible. But Gaga delivered as always.  :king:

I really loved the blue paint around her eyes. Her face itself is ambiguous, we don't know if she's happy or sad, but the blue resembles tears and it's very enchanting.

Everyone,

Go into Google Images, and type "single cover" and click "Search".

It's 99% vapid magazine shots. And then there is THIS!! I LOVE this picture!!!!

"People laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they are all the same." -- Lady Gaga

VasilisVas

I just hope the song lives up to it's hype. I was very disappointed with the single Born This Way when it premiered. I hated it. In fact, I still don't like it. I can care less about the single artwork (which P.S I really don't like and would prefer the picture of her sitting on the chair as the single cover) I just want the song to slay.

MonsterofFame

Well, given what Gaga has revealed thus far about ARTPOP and its aims, it would make sense to create an image that plays up artistic archetypes and tries to look self-consciously artsy. If this is a reverse of Warhol and the pop art movement, where images of mass production were treated as art and as legitimate subjects worthy of artistic depiction, the same might be going on here in reverse: an attempt to take well-worn and very recognizably "artistic," "high brow" concepts and recontextualize them in the arena of pop culture and mass consumption.

Very well said!

Since she has tracing paper, what if the single will look like how it does on the photo of Gaga painting, while the version from WWD was released so we could see it in its pure form with no text over it?

That would be incredibly awesome but I don't think it will happen.

The new writing has grown on me though. It makes it even more avant garde which is something she should be going for tbh.

• Shadow locked this topic