💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

WATCH: Applause Video [91 Million Views!]

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

CharlieTB

My god, I waited so long for a new music video thread like this. I can't wait!!! I'm more excited for the video than the single  :excited2:

Awww I agree its going to be the best time of the year babe xxx

gagabro

Can't wait to see what happens with this video. I have LOVED the I&V stuff we've seen so far, so my body is ready for the impending video orgasm.  :nooo:

Prometheus

I hope it's not like Telephone because I HATED how often the music stopped for dialogue. I couldn't enjoy the music  :messga:

GagaSlayedYou

omg

I+V 

"If only Fame came in IV form could I bare being away from you. I live for the way that you cheer and scream for me."

ARTPOP SOLVED tbh.  :golfclap:

:omg:

is that leaked video, a snippet of ARTPOP' lead single music video? I don't think so...

Why is anyone considering this her being normal though? Just because shes not decked out in leather and wearing some ridiculous head piece with 5 different colored extensions weaved into it?

I'm with you

i live and breath for this new imagery. it's subtle, these kids dont get subtlety

Fanta

I'm just gonna ask, why is everyone suddenly mentioning the Telephone sequel? We didn't get it during the BTW album era (when we most expected it) so why are we expecting it now?

I guess I've missed something or... :confused:

BricksNStrings

Okay so Marry the Night is cinematic. Great. But the flow of the video was off as was the choreography and how it matched with the music. The acting was terrible as was the script. It was unnecessarily long. Etc etc. She had a professional camera and crew and so its not a complete and utter disaster to look at but it still doesn't make it a good video. In my not so humble opinion lol

I don't want a repeat of the muddled messes she and the haus create when they don't let someone like Kahn or Akerlund take overall reign.

I completely disagree that the "flow of the video" and the acting were terrible. Also, it wasn't a "script" - it was based on her real life. Gaga let the camera roll and went back to how she felt on those days that everything took place in her life - so that "terrible acting" was her reliving very personal moments for her.

To me, MTN feels like a really well crafted, beautiful short film as opposed to a music video. Kahn's work is really boring to me; I don't want a standard music video with a simple concept and perfect choreography at the choruses. To me, her best work has been high concept and felt more like short films: Paparazzi, Telephone (yes, a "professional" director did these), Alejandro (shot by a fashion photographer, not a filmmaker) and Marry the Night are the best examples IMHO.

GagaSkeletonWay

I think this is very like close-minded way of thinking though. Gaga is an artist and she evolves. Gaga never said that "the real her" is someone who's always weird. Gaga said that she wants to become whoever she wants to be. So, if she wants to be "normal" then she can be. 

Looking at Gaga as someone who's just "crazy" looking is honestly really dumb. Like she said before, you need to let go of any preconceived notions of her work. She's becoming a new person - but it's still her. Looking at the leaked ARTPOP video, that's NOT normal. I still think she can be eccentric, but you know what the GP can only take so much "weirdness" and maybe being "normal" is just another way to stir up the pot. You can't expect her to be the same Gaga as she was before. I mean, no one expected her to be THAT weird during the Fame era. You know?

You just gotta let her be her. THAT's the real Gaga.

I have never said I don't let her be who ever she wants to be, I said what I want that's all, then she can do whatever she wants, but I'm not the type of monster who is always in favour of what she does, I say what I think.

Sorry if the other post was a bit gaudy but I was very mad at that moment, it really hurts me not to like what she is doing, but I have said that it may be the first sensation and it turns out to be different, but I share what I trully think.

BricksNStrings

I loved her E! interview about directing MTN where she was discussing certain decisions and talked about using the red of the Trans Am's brake lights with the red of the Louboutin boots. Those are the kind of production design details that only a "professional" is going to stress over and plan.

I bet she's all Antonioni...this bytch would paint the grass if it wasn't green enough for a shot she wanted. :legend:

And you're absolutely right that MTN is, cinematographically speaking, one of her strongest music videos. Her and Khondji work wonders, the production design is ace, and her editing works in several different modes: rhythmically and intellectually.

Absolutely agree with everything you said! :)

I just hope GaGa doesn't pull a Daft Punk and release the Lead Single as a Radio Edit of the album version and therefore disqualify the track to qualify for a "Complete My Album" Discount on iTunes....

:derpga:

#frugal

Brainiac

I'm just gonna ask, why is everyone suddenly mentioning the Telephone sequel? We didn't get it during the BTW album era (when we most expected it) so why are we expecting it now?

I guess I've missed something or... :confused:

Months ago on twitter someone asked her if the telephone sequel was going to be on ARTPOP and she said "yes"

Blue Dream

I completely disagree that the "flow of the video" and the acting were terrible. Also, it wasn't a "script" - it was based on her real life. Gaga let the camera roll and went back to how she felt on those days that everything took place in her life - so that "terrible acting" was her reliving very personal moments for her.

To me, MTN feels like a really well crafted, beautiful short film as opposed to a music video. Kahn's work is really boring to me; I don't want a standard music video with a simple concept and perfect choreography at the choruses. To me, her best work has been high concept and felt more like short films: Paparazzi, Telephone (yes, a "professional" director did these), Alejandro (shot by a fashion photographer, not a filmmaker) and Marry the Night are the best examples IMHO.

tbqmfh